Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Steele

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think he did well. I think Button felt the pressure of being '1st Choice Reserve' but Steele had none of that and looked like he was actually enjoying himself at times.

Decent.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I think because I watched Sunderland 'Til I Die my opinion was quite tainted about Steele but he done very well I thought, couple of very good saves, had he not made them we'd have been done for!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It was great to see his joy at making the save from Brooks* and immediately enjoying his first taste of the celebratory physical abuse that Shane Duffy hands out to keepers.

* - Oops, I think it was the Cook header.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I have a moan about his hoofed distribution that ended up on a Bournemouth head most times? Just puts more pressure on us, has he not got the ball control to actually pass the ball rather than hoof it?

Great save at the end though

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Can I have a moan about his hoofed distribution that ended up on a Bournemouth head most times? Just puts more pressure on us, has he not got the ball control to actually pass the ball rather than hoof it?

Great save at the end though

The lad is coming back from a major lack of confidence, He can be proud of that performance.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Two cracking saves, and he looked really annoyed at not saving their goal, which is always good to see as it shows the determination in him.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always been a bit iffy about 'keeper distribution' moaning.
Invariably Albion keepers are kicking the ball into a very narrow channel full of players.

That is until earlier this season when Schmichel did all of the above with 100% accuracy.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I have only seen the decent late saves by Steele on the highlights.

Accentuating the positive - :shrug: - was my overall reaction to watching Button in the flesh for the first time at The Amex on Saturday.

Based on these 2 games and Button at West Ham on Wednesday, what did those who were there who saw all 3 performances in the flesh think?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've always been a bit iffy about 'keeper distribution' moaning.
Invariably Albion keepers are kicking the ball into a very narrow channel full of players.

That is until earlier this season when Schmichel did all of the above with 100% accuracy.

Watch Joe Hart’s distribution and it becomes crystal clear why he was never going to make it in a Pep Guardiola Manchester City side. Compare that to the distribution of nearly all the top keepers, I think it’s a fair moan :smile:

Maty Ryan’s is good except for the obligatory launch into touch clearances every game. I thought Button’s distribution was excellent. Not sure he’s a better keeper than Steele though.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Good deputy for Sheriff Ryan along with Button .... both have showed they are good enough as backups , not sure about a long run in the team but definitely in short bursts

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I thought so too. Couple of really decent saves especially that reflex one with less than 10 minutes to go. Had it gone to 3-2, who knows what might have happened? I'll whisper it quietly - I thought he looked more confident than Button, although in fairness, the latter hasn't cost us anything yet. Considering the horror stories from Sunderland and Blackburn fans, he looked okay today. Can't judge too much on one game of course, but the Ben Roberts coaching is hopefully paying off.

D

Deleted member 2719

So what is it, Steele or Button???

Someone do a poll......please.

D

Deleted member 2719

Don't need a poll we just back our players.

Yes, we do, because some people get to see them performing in the flesh and will get a feel on how good they are and I have not seen either in the flesh so want to know a general feeling.

You knew you should have done a poll, didn't you? :p

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes, we do, because some people get to see them performing in the flesh and will get a feel on how good they are and I have not seen either in the flesh so want to know a general feeling.

You knew you should have done a poll, didn't you? :p

You could always go to a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here