Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Steele

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Whilst I would not wish to comment on your particular situation, I have always found the club to be very accommodating. When I asked about help attending after a hip operation, they were certainly prepared to go that extra mile, which I appreciated immensely.

My experiences are that the club can be very helpful if you go to them with a problem that is not of their making. They are supportive and inventive in finding ways to help.

However, if the problem is of their making, or if there's a suggestion that they are being viewed as acting incorrectly, then it is a very different story. I was left with a very clear impression that there was no limit to what certain people would do to in order to discredit the customer under such circumstances. I can completely understand where @MouldyBoots is coming from but (after a period of childish ranting etc) I have decided to suck it up and hope to avoid any future instance where I have to experience such behaviour again. So far so good!

There is an awful lot to be proud of with the club, what has been achieved and how it has been achieved but there is always room to improve and ignoring customer feedback when it doesn't pat you on the back isn't a great strategy for continual improvement.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My experiences are that the club can be very helpful if you go to them with a problem that is not of their making. They are supportive and inventive in finding ways to help.

However, if the problem is of their making, or if there's a suggestion that they are being viewed as acting incorrectly, then it is a very different story. I was left with a very clear impression that there was no limit to what certain people would do to in order to discredit the customer under such circumstances. I can completely understand where @MouldyBoots is coming from but (after a period of childish ranting etc) I have decided to suck it up and hope to avoid any future instance where I have to experience such behaviour again. So far so good!

There is an awful lot to be proud of with the club, what has been achieved and how it has been achieved but there is always room to improve and ignoring customer feedback when it doesn't pat you on the back isn't a great strategy for continual improvement.

Thanks -obviously we can only comment on what we experience. I just hope that the poster was as pleasant as he could be, and did not rile them, so as to get that reaction; not condoning customer services being rude, but they are only human afterall. Strangely, I thought of this very thing only an hour ago, when in a café locally. The person in front of me was very off-hand to staff, when he said that the list of prices on the wall was not clear, instead of saying that he could not read them, and asking for help, which in the event was readily forthcoming in the form of a booklet. When I looked, even with my glasses, they were perfectly clear!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This guy is starting to impress me.

Calm and collected, and its obvious he's been working hard to adapt to the Potter style of goalkeeping. Done a few good saves and what you could expect while defending corners and crosses.

Think this will be the go to guy this season if something happens with Ryan.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This guy is starting to impress me.

Calm and collected, and its obvious he's been working hard to adapt to the Potter style of goalkeeping. Done a few good saves and what you could expect while defending corners and crosses.

Think this will be the go to guy this season if something happens with Ryan.

Agreed. His distribution is excellent too.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Walton and Steele will fight it out for backup goalie this season and Sanchez out on loan again I would think. Timing will depend on how bad Walton’s injury is - it won’t help Sanchez’s progression to be our third choice.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He’s a good goalie.

Had a number of discussions defending his capabilities on another thread.

Didn’t surprise me tonight, Sunderland apart, where his confidence quickly disappeared - he’s had a reasonable career.

Distribution was better than Ryan’s last night, handling was solid and one very good save.

Prefer him as no.2 over Walton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
He’s a good goalie.

Had a number of discussions defending his capabilities on another thread.

Didn’t surprise me tonight, Sunderland apart, where his confidence quickly disappeared - he’s had a reasonable career.

Distribution was better than Ryan’s last night, handling was solid and one very good save.

Prefer him as no.2 over Walton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He played a half pre-season at Aldershot v Fulham (last year) and I have to say I thought he stank the place out. his positioning was all over the place and he got away with some basic errors. It was like watching a different keeper last night. Good saves, confident on crosses and excellent distribution. Top marks.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He played a half pre-season at Aldershot v Fulham (last year) and I have to say I thought he stank the place out. his positioning was all over the place and he got away with some basic errors. It was like watching a different keeper last night. Good saves, confident on crosses and excellent distribution. Top marks.

A year or so with Ben Roberts will improve most goalkeepers.

I thought he was really good last night, but felt some of his good forward passes wouldn't have come off at premier league level.
His distribution from out of hand is excellent though.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was disappointed to see his name on the team sheet ahead of Sanchez last week but his two performances have been excellent and he seems to be a deserved 2nd choice at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here