Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Infrastructure FC

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Supporters will be supporters...
Frustrating thing is BHA were there for the taking. As my dad said, ‘Brighton didn’t win it, Bournemouth lost it.’

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That doesn't half sound like a compliment. :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I guess that makes them No Infrastructure FC?

Still trying to find a rival I guess

As Stat said, that is definitely a back handed compliment. You are correct regarding their infrastructure, exactly what have they got? Win on marginal points to Palace.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think that's brilliant. Must really irritate other clubs of a similar ilk seeing that we're slowly but surely building and building - all from a rock solid base....

Like watching an oak tree grow, knowing it's going to be almost impossible to blow over when it gets bigger.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think that's brilliant. Must really irritate other clubs of a similar ilk seeing that we're slowly but surely building and building - all from a rock solid base....

Like watching an oak tree grow, knowing it's going to be almost impossible to blow over when it gets bigger.

Thing is, important I think for those that look to survive every season, and God forbid, if we were to go down we can consolidate. Clubs like Bournemouth and Palace will crash and burn on their income to expenditure if they found themselves in the Championship.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I wish we’d spent £19,000,000 on a striker with 1 Premier League goal rather than spending our money on a training ground and a new stadium. :(

I don’t hate Bournemouth but I’m trying to find the words to explain how I feel. Their supporters are the kind of people who would complain about you sitting quietly in a first class seat on an extremely busy train.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I guess that makes them No Infrastructure FC?

Still trying to find a rival I guess

It makes them No Infrastructure Funded by TV and Dodgy Russian Money Not Really Plucky At All Tin Pot FC.

Bit of a mouthful that, though.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
We are a fantastically well run club, have a chairman who is one of us and is ambitious without recklessness. Invested so much to give us the everything we need to compete from the bottom up. We have a great manager who is respected by everyone who meets him and is gracious in victory and defeat. We are (for now) holding our own in the top flight of English football. We have a team who seem happy and together. We have fans that the majority are realistic and are enjoying this period of our history. We beat our biggest rivals 3-1 this season with only 10 men and we have just secured our place in the 4th round of the FA cup.

I would be bloody jealous if I supported anyone other then us as well.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We are a fantastically well run club, have a chairman who is one of us and is ambitious without recklessness. Invested so much to give us the everything we need to compete from the bottom up. We have a great manager who is respected by everyone who meets him and is gracious in victory and defeat. We are (for now) holding our own in the top flight of English football. We have a team who seem happy and together. We have fans that the majority are realistic and are enjoying this period of our history. We beat our biggest rivals 3-1 this season with only 10 men and we have just secured our place in the 4th round of the FA cup.

Apart from that, what did the Romans give us?

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

And a global fanbase stretching as far as Australasia.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I can see that nickname, yeah. We're definitely all very proud of everything we're building around the club in a long-term plan to be here for ages. Seems other teams see that too, and well, it wouldn't be football if it wasn't used as a stick to beat us with :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can see that nickname, yeah. We're definitely all very proud of everything we're building around the club in a long-term plan to be here for ages. Seems other teams see that too, and well, it wouldn't be football if it wasn't used as a stick to beat us with :)

They can beat us with Infrastructure FC forever... I'll be very happy with that.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

All of that while carrying:-

March
Bong
Locadia
Knockhaert
Stephens.
Gross (away)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills