Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] BDO Darts

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Granted not the same standard as the PDC but the crowd actually go there to not only enjoy themselves but predominantly to watch the darts, not like the room full of pissheads at the Ally Pally.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bang on there Harry and I’m a PDC man really. Here now, signal bad but managed to follow the game so it’s time to get on it now :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Granted not the same standard as the PDC but the crowd actually go there to not only enjoy themselves but predominantly to watch the darts, not like the room full of pissheads at the Ally Pally.

Fair points, but the winner of this calling themselves World Champion is a joke.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

I do agree Harty. I got pissed as a fart at the Brighton Centre. But it was a great evening :D

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've literally just switch on to hear the words "Marrin Phillips, can he finally lift this trophy before he draws his pension?"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair points, but the winner of this calling themselves World Champion is a joke.

They just said that winner of the last two BDO World titles Glen Durrant is a full- time housing manager in Middlesbrough.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Nah! Not for me anymore. As it's just down the road from me I used to go most years but the standard got worse and the crowds got smaller each time. The last time I went we were all corralled into a small space around the stage for the benefit of the cameras while half the auditorium was empty.

Lakeside has also seen far, far better days. It's tatty and is almost a Phoenix Nights parody now. When I went to the gents the only part of the floor that didn't have piss on it had poo on it. Nasty.

And I can get on stage myself and bash out a string of 26s if I want to.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No thanks. I appreciate some people like it, but watching it reminds me of the non darts players on Bullseye trying to hit a red zone to win a food trolley.

Painful and something best left in the 1980’s.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Would it be wrong for them to b e referred to as either the World Amateur Champion or get a company to sponsor the event again so they return to something like the News of The Word Champion .Perhaps The Sun so it become The Sun world Champion.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair boxing has alphabet world champions as well. The WBO belt being the least regarded I think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nah! Not for me anymore. As it's just down the road from me I used to go most years but the standard got worse and the crowds got smaller each time. The last time I went we were all corralled into a small space around the stage for the benefit of the cameras while half the auditorium was empty.

Lakeside has also seen far, far better days. It's tatty and is almost a Phoenix Nights parody now. When I went to the gents the only part of the floor that didn't have piss on it had poo on it. Nasty.

And I can get on stage myself and bash out a string of 26s if I want to.

Yeah, but other than that, you're a big fan, right?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Bang on there Harry and I’m a PDC man really. Here now, signal bad but managed to follow the game so it’s time to get on it now :thumbsup:

Was it a sell out? Or did they position the crowd for the cameras?

I have to say Eurosport’s coverage knocks the former offerings of the Beeb and Channel 4 into a cocked hat.

Is Eurosport on freeview?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
A clinical 27 dart leg there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here