he croaked (RIP)
    never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Totally agree with everything you have said, especially this last paragraph.
      Sounds like you both think this excellent system won't work because we (The FA and EPL) ar too shit to make anything work. So what would you prefer? Carry on with 'referee's whimsy'?

My view is that it won't work well if the English referees sabotage it.....

Sometimes I wonder how we ever won the war (BTW it wasn't by having no rules, no standards and no discipline).
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite
      A tad aggressive.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Sounds like you both think this excellent system won't work because we (The FA and EPL) ar too shit to make anything work. So what would you prefer? Carry on with 'referee's whimsy'?
      Until the technology is at a stage where it works properly then yes, I would carry on as we are now.

There are still fundermental problems with VAR. Let’s leave it for other leagues to perfect the system before we introduce a half baked version of it here which is bound to fail.

Although if I’m honest I think there are problems that can’t be fixed with it
      I don't want a MOBO Award so stop
      Nah, I've already got a doorstop

CasisDead - What’s my name?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It would work if it was decided that the VAR decision was the final outcome. Refs wouldnt want that so will make more effort to get it right in the first place so that VAR would not over rule them

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post

My view is that it won't work well if the English referees sabotage it.....

Sometimes I wonder how we ever won the war (BTW it wasn't by having no rules, no standards and no discipline).
      I just don’t think the benefit of getting slightly more (and that’s all it will be) decisions right outweighs ruining goal celebrations for fans. So many goals will be a case or waiting for a VAR decision to be given rather than for the ball to hit the net. I think it will ruin football.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      It would work if it was decided that the VAR decision was the final outcome. Refs wouldnt want that so will make more effort to get it right in the first place so that VAR would not over rule them
      What do you mean " Refs wouldn't want that so will make more effort to get it right in the first place" ? How can they make more effort ?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I thought the idea of VAR was to check the validity of all goals, among other things, and if so why were the penalties at Burnley, Man Utd & Newcastle not retaken as players from both sides had encroached in the area.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
      There’s one major reason VAR in this country will never work as well as it did during the World Cup.

The World Cup has an entire team of refs sat there ready to review every decision, so 8+ angles can be viewed instantly for a quick decision. We aren’t going to get this in The FA Cup or for a Prem game. There won’t be an entire team of officials there to review us v West H.

Get used to long delays, where nobody in the ground has no idea what’s going on. It’s another kick in the bollocks of fans that got to games, but nobody seems to bothered.
      How long did it take everyone to get to and back from Cardiff? Would a one minute delay to see us get a point be that painful? Really? Same at Burnley. As for getting home one minute earlier with one point rather than three against Leicester? That one minute was important to everyone’s life.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      I just don’t think the benefit of getting slightly more (and that’s all it will be) decisions right outweighs ruining goal celebrations for fans. So many goals will be a case or waiting for a VAR decision to be given rather than for the ball to hit the net. I think it will ruin football.
      Fair enough (and @Whitechapel).

I agree with your main point; as I have said, if the refs consciously or subconsciously sabotage it (so easy to do) then the long faff is inevitable. We can't have decisions taking 5 minutes (and with some of the clowns reffing at the moment this is a strong possibility). However, my expectation is that if this happens then the process will be tweaked.

My expectation, also, is that I don't think this will be Brexitty (with the public split roughly 50:50, with a loud and militant contingent in each camp). I think people will come on board pretty quickly onnce they see it in action week after week. MOTD won't be going over shocking decisions like it does now. Instead it will be showing how without VAR there would have been a shocking decision.

Anyway, by this time next year, unless the FA doesn't bottle it and not introduce it, we shall know for sure
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
      I thought the idea of VAR was to check the validity of all goals, among other things, and if so why were the penalties at Burnley, Man Utd & Newcastle not retaken as players from both sides had encroached in the area.
      Fabregas' should have been a free kick as he stopped in his run up which is not allowed. Poor refereeing
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”