Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Januwhisky

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Totally fed up with Dryyouhairy, Veguhairy, Thisyouhairy, Thatyouhairy and Theotheryouhairy.....may I announce the arrival of 'Januwhisky'.
30 days of drinking fine Scottish malt whisky, at least one 25ml nip a day with a few drops of water.

Do it for charity if you so wish but do it for yourself also.....

Oh and none of the sub-standard Irish stuff...it must be Scottish...

:whisky::whisky::whisky::whisky::whisky:

TNBA

TTF

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Totally fed up with Dryyouhairy, Veguhairy, Thisyouhairy, Thatyouhairy and Theotheryouhairy.....may I announce the arrival of 'Januwhisky'.
30 days of drinking fine Scottish malt whisky, at least one 25ml nip a day with a few drops of water.

TNBA

TTF

WTF is wrong with Jameson's?????????

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How can you have Dry January with Burn's Night?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm doing Ginuary... I think it will be a tonic for everyone

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016

TNBA

TTF

i'd say Connemara should be permitted.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How about Janunavyrum instead?:cheers:

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
you had me until you suggested a few drops of water...

I stopped reading at 25ml. That's like growing half a moustache.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm doing Ginuary... I think it will be a tonic for everyone

Ginuary got off to a great start with Roku Japanese Gin followed by Brecon Gin from the Brecon Beacons

IMG_ifcoov.jpg
IMG_20190104_210225.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
you had me until you suggested a few drops of water...

To the uninitiated this might seem wrong, however, for a Scotch of over 45% alcohol you really need to, otherwise you won't taste the whisky, or rather it'll be overwhelmed by the taste of hard alcohol. All whisky apart from cask strength whisky has already been diluted with water at the time of bottling for this very reason, it all starts out generally above 60% before its bottled. The Malt Whisky Society is your friend on this, they'll help guide you, and also explain how even a few drops of water in a regular 40ish% malt will help improve its flavour. Probably the best thing to do is try it, just in case you like it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I do like a bit of Clonakilty

Not tried that one, but I do agree, whiskey and whisky from around the world should all be tried as there are outstanding drops out there, at the moment I’m mostly into American (USA) whiskeys, found some absolute beauties, also quite fond of the single malts from Tasmania. Japan has some almost perfect malts, and the Irish, well, where do you think the Scots came from in the first place?

As was told to me by a very dear old friend, who got me into single malts in the first place, “It’s all good, except the ones you don’t like, they’re still good, but not necessarily to you.”

Except Amrut. Amrut single malt whisky, I don’t think that’s good to anyone.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Not tried that one, but I do agree, whiskey and whisky from around the world should all be tried as there are outstanding drops out there, at the moment I’m mostly into American (USA) whiskeys, found some absolute beauties, also quite fond of the single malts from Tasmania. Japan has some almost perfect malts, and the Irish, well, where do you think the Scots came from in the first place?

As was told to me by a very dear old friend, who got me into single malts in the first place, “It’s all good, except the ones you don’t like, they’re still good, but not necessarily to you.”

Except Amrut. Amrut single malt whisky, I don’t think that’s good to anyone.

Sorry Phil, don't like whiskey or whisky, but I am partial to a bit of

clonakilty-black-and-white-pudding_1519993980_16893293.jpg

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here