Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hacking cough

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi folks

Anyone else suffering from this hacking cough that is doing the rounds at the moment.

I have only has a couple of days off in the last few years for anything medical, but been off the last couple of days with a horrible cough and tight chest.

According to one of the neighbours it has affected quite a few people and it turns out that there are a few people off work with it.

Good job we are away tomorrow as I don't feel like standing in a cold stadium!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yup, its pretty vicious, tho it seems to subside fairly quickly also. Uncanny the way the hacking cough remedy adverts have surfaced at exactly the same time. Personally I blame CHEMTRAILS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wife has been laid up in bed for a week with it and my daughter totally lost her voice on Christmas Day with it. It’s a vicious one this year.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm just starting to feel well again, after going down with it on Boxing Day. Throat, ears, nose, sinuses, all infected, temperature, shivers and cough.

Benilyn is the best for me, I find.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mrs V has had this for a good month, got a full on barking cough but she is not coughing up any phlegm. Tried a bottle of something and it has made no difference. No other symptoms just the cough.

I have heard talk that it is a viral infection so not much to be done.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Unfortunately I take warfarin so can't take anything like benolyn or day/night nurse stuff. So it's strepsils and water!

Back to bed :-(

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nice to have the children lending a hand when you’re a bit under the weather.

In Hanover that's not even a joke. I suspect Elm Grove Primary has reached the point where there are two Covonias in a class and they've got to be referred to as Covonia A and Covonia P.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Been ill since New Years Day night. Flu like symptoms with a bit of a wheezy cough, but plenty of phlegm. A crowded, hot train after Everton or New Years Eve are my suspected sources of this affliction. :(

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Another here, had the flu jab but that's not protected me.
Pretty nasty as I have cystic fibrosis so I'm currently operating on 20% healthy lung function, which is quite taxing. Fortunately I have machines to help and find covonia delicious.
....and the occasional hot toddy.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Another here, had the flu jab but that's not protected me.
Pretty nasty as I have cystic fibrosis so I'm currently operating on 20% healthy lung function, which is quite taxing. Fortunately I have machines to help and find covonia delicious.
....and the occasional hot toddy.

Hey man stay safe and breathe easy, mr 6year old has cf so understrand just how destabilising catching flu etc can be,all the best

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hi folks

Anyone else suffering from this hacking cough that is doing the rounds at the moment.

I have only has a couple of days off in the last few years for anything medical, but been off the last couple of days with a horrible cough and tight chest.

According to one of the neighbours it has affected quite a few people and it turns out that there are a few people off work with it.

Good job we are away tomorrow as I don't feel like standing in a cold stadium!

Total sympathy,had this just before Christmas.Pharmacy told me to try Bronchostop.Disgusting taste and turned phlegm vivid green,but it actually worked.I take Clopidogrol and it was ok for me.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Mrs V has had this for a good month, got a full on barking cough but she is not coughing up any phlegm. Tried a bottle of something and it has made no difference. No other symptoms just the cough.

I have heard talk that it is a viral infection so not much to be done.

Were you queuing for a Bovril at the time?

Lush

Mods' Pet
I found a glug of Allens Pine and Honey Balsam in a mug of hot water made a nice soothing and steamy drink to nurse, helping to clear the sinuses.

Could probably do the same with Covonia/your chesty cough mixture of choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here