Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Januhairy

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46747452

A month-long campaign encouraging women to grow out their body hair is happening for the first time.

Januhairy wants ladies to "love and accept" their natural hair while raising money for charity.

Founder Laura Jackson, 21, said she has had a "great response" and women from all over the world have now signed up to take part.

The Exeter University student said she came up with the idea after growing out her own hair for a performance.

"Though I felt liberated and more confident in myself, some people around me didn't understand or agree with why I didn't shave," the third-year drama student said.

"I realised that there is still so much more for us to do to be able to accept one another fully and truly."

She launched the campaign last month and now women from the UK, US, Canada, Germany, Russia and Spain are taking part.

Get on it girls.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Another example of feminism being completely blind to the fact that this is NOT just a female issue. Women do not HAVE to shave anything, if you want to take that argument then up until the recent trend for beards then you could say men were EXPECTED to shave their faces in order to look conformist, well kept and accepted by society. Men with hairy backs also get looks of disgust and ridicule, can we blame that on the patriarchy?

If you want to shave body hair then do it, if you don't, then don't.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
WTF

Get all the women tramps signed up, I'm sure they wont have shaved !!!!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm all for this. I love a furry moggy.

"Like a cat with it's throat cut" was one description I heard my Dad say about 1970's women's undercarriages in Bradford... Nice.

I'm not a fan of ladies with hairy legs and pits, or the above - but each to their own. Personally, I think it's just an excuse to be lazy with personal grooming for a month! ???

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
WTF

Get all the women tramps signed up, I'm sure they wont have shaved !!!!

The state some of those must be in doesn't bear thinking about? when they go for a squat it must be like having a poo through a pair of fish net tights?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The state some of those must be in doesn't bear thinking about? when they go for a squat it must be like having a poo through a pair of fish net tights?

Fv1v9eK.gif

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
"Like a cat with it's throat cut" was one description I heard my Dad say about 1970's women's undercarriages in Bradford... Nice.

I'm not a fan of ladies with hairy legs and pits, or the above - but each to their own. Personally, I think it's just an excuse to be lazy with personal grooming for a month! ???

No comparison. I know what sort I'd like to nuzzle up to!

Attachments

• A_Sphynx_cat.jpg
    A_Sphynx_cat.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 257
  • fluffy-cats-funny-animal-pics-102__605.jpg
    fluffy-cats-funny-animal-pics-102__605.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 256

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills