Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] [Boxing] Eubank Jr Vs DeGale (Feb 23rd)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Really don't know what to make of it.

• Potentially the last throw of the dice for Eubank, at least at world-level. After losing his two biggest tests to date, in Saunders and Groves. Literally punching above his weight.
  • Fighting for the vacant IBO (disregarded by Groves after their fight).
  • Headlining a PPV.
  • Almost 30 years old, with no real trainer, and missing basic boxing fundamentals.
  • Worrying comments from Ronnie Davies regarding Jr not listening to his corner (or Ronnie) during the Groves fight, or since.

:moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo:

Years ago, I used to watch him fight in Vegas, hoped for big things being a local guy etc. :shrug:

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Junior goes swinging in wide open & BAM he’s gone. That should surely be the end of it once & for all...?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Junior goes swinging in wide open & BAM he’s gone. That should surely be the end of it once & for all...?

He is a poor-man's Middleweight Deontay Wilder.
Overwhelms lesser fighters much earlier on and gets the win.
But when up against talented boxers, gets frustrated in the later rounds, goes all out attack and leaves himself wide open to some basic jab and move, as seen with Saunders and Groves.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
At least this time he is at his correct weight- middleweight. As he is not big enough for a super middleweight. & has only average punching power at middleweight.

Should be an interesting fight.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
Don't even think winning this fight will put Eubank back into the world-level bracket, it is a 'meh' nothing fight for me and the only good it'll do going forward for either is having the other guys name on their CV. If DeGale can box to a plan and doesn't gas after 6 rounds, he'll win hands down for me... you have a half decent jab you beat CEJ. That being said, I think DeGale IS shot to pieces and I think he will gas, so I see Chris getting him out of there late or winning on points due to his much superior work-rate.

I think ITV might be dropping a clanger by not putting it on ITV1, I guess the fighters purses mean Box Office is inevitable but I think the numbers and exposure it would get from being on the main channel would only help build the winner towards being a PPV fighter for them in the future. And I mean that from an ITV perspective, neither are PPV fighters in my opinion.

Oh, and the lightly regarded (and vacant) IBO title will be on the line, a nice strap for CEJ to put over his shoulder at music gigs and film premieres if he does win... but I've seen better belts in Matalan.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I think Eubank Jnr will win this even though he is at least one level below World Class. DeGale has looked completely shot of late and I can see Eubank stopping him late on around 9.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Degale is shot to bits, rubbish fight between a has been and a never was

100% this. Degale hasnt been the same since the badou jack draw (which he was lucky to get imo) and Eubank is british/european level fighter at best. Just going to be a payday for both

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
All about money.
Eubank cashing in while he can. Fair play to him.
I won’t be buying this fight though as I can see it for what it is.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This is really not an attractive proposition for PPV.

I get most of the big PPV shows but I will certainly be giving this one a wide swerve.

As somebody back a bit said "fight between a has-been and a never has-been". Chunky was good in his day but is on a downward spiral and Eubank Jnr was never anywhere close to being as good as his dad (sadly)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here