Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just how good is Bernardo?

How good is Bernardo?

• Total voters

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He's progressing well and has the potential to be a very decent player. Some people seem to be getting a bit carried away though.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Needs to remember he's a defender sometimes. Decent enough player, long way to go for the final two above.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised if this time next season a champions league team come in with a £30m bid.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the Brazil squad for the next world cup.
I also wouldn't be surprised if he has a run of dodgy performances and people on here start banging on about how good Bong is.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

He has fantastic potential and has been exciting to see him achieve the levels that he has done since his return to the team. He is every bit as exciting for us as the young right-back is at Palace. He is good in the air, confident on the ball and looks exciting going forward. His capacity for recovery enables him to gamble in terms of his positioning and willingness to commit to tackles/pressing. He will make mistakes, the odd poor decision based on inexperience, but the majority of young defenders do. You think under someone like Hughton, a fine full-back himself, he will develop more and more.. his final ball the only disappointment so far, but look at his ability on the ball and you have to believe that will come. He has snuffed out some very good players in recent weeks and added more of a dimension for us going the other way..

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not voting until I have heard what BG has to say.

He'll tell you he's shite until he moves to Spurs when overnight he'll become world class.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

not as good as i thought after letting winger get cross in last night

I think that's a tad harsh. He really needed more support from Locadia in that moment. If you watch the replays, JL just doesn't get close enough to help close the space down for Antonio to operate in. Bernardo is therefore mindful that he can go either way on him and is exposed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
World Class? Really?

At present he is a good lower Premier League fullback with plenty to learn, the hyperbole about him is laughable. Let’s see what’s people’s opinions are after Liverpool and United (assuming he’s not crocked) when he’ll get his first real test.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
World Class? Really?

At present he is a good lower Premier League fullback with plenty to learn, the hyperbole about him is laughable. Let’s see what’s peoples opinions are after Liverpool and United (assuming he’s not crocked)

He's a very good young full back with a wealth of parental experience behind him. No hyperbole that I've seen, just a lot of people being very praising of a highly talented youngster. He's 'Premier League class' without a doubt, but 'World Class' is getting slightly over excited. But he is in the right league and has time to grow. I think he will be very, very good one day. Opinions after Liverpool and Utd really don't count for much in the longer term.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Not as good as Bong at this stage of his career is the answer

I wonder where Bong was playing 7 years ago......bet it wasnt the Premier League.
I think we be lucky to keep him two seasons , we will have to sell him and the club will be about £30 million richer.
Still learning the regarding the pace of the Premier League, but looks a superb prospect.
As for the comment that hes a bit slow, he was timed as the 7th fastest player in the Bundesluiger(spelling)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Too early to call it in my opinion. Let's have this poll again at the end of the season when we have seen more of him. Doing great so far though.

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I wouldn't be surprised if this time next season a champions league team come in with a £30m bid.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the Brazil squad for the next world cup.
I also wouldn't be surprised if he has a run of dodgy performances and people on here start banging on about how good Bong is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bernardo scored a goal in a future match.

I would be very surprised if he did score a goal against Liverpool.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
World Class? Really?

At present he is a good lower Premier League fullback with plenty to learn, the hyperbole about him is laughable. Let’s see what’s people’s opinions are after Liverpool and United (assuming he’s not crocked) when he’ll get his first real test.

OK Mr Grinch. The discussion is about how good might he become, not is he the finished article. "At present" is a different question.

He's already had "real" tests against Prem sides, so Liverpool and Man U not really relevant. How far do you think he might go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here