Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just how good is Bernardo?

How good is Bernardo?

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
OK Mr Grinch. The discussion is about how good might he become, not is he the finished article. "At present" is a different question.

He's already had "real" tests against Prem sides, so Liverpool and Man U not really relevant. How far do you think he might go?

To be fair calling him 'Mr Grinch' is a tad harsh for having an opinion. You did say how good is he, not how good will he be.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty bloody good so far, with potential to go a long way. Certainly good enough for where we are currently - think he'll be a POTS contender. Good first touch, rapid, can tackle, can run with the ball, doesn't give up, pretty strong too. Decision making will get better with experience/coaching and could improve his crossing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
OK Mr Grinch. The discussion is about how good might he become, not is he the finished article. "At present" is a different question.

He's already had "real" tests against Prem sides, so Liverpool and Man U not really relevant. How far do you think he might go?

Mr Grinch thinks he may go all the way. I read the thread title as to how good he is, I assumed that meant now as I didn’t actually read the first post :shrug:

I have seen a few ott comments about him, one being that he’ll be gone to a big club in the summer and no I don’t think he’s that good just yet. Hence my comments about seeing how he does against top sides. He did well against Arsenal but he also made errors in that game that could have cost us.

Exciting player with loads of potential.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be fair calling him 'Mr Grinch' is a tad harsh for having an opinion. You did say how good is he, not how good will he be.

I can live with being called Mr Grinch, I don’t much like the hype surrounding Xmas but the girls/women in my office bloody love it. They regularly refer to me as The Grinch during December :smile:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We need another Bernardo type player on the right both doubling up as pacey wingers to strike fear into the opposition.

Bong is a good defender but I always feel that he doesn't trust his left foot enough to put the crosses in where it is supposed to hurt, which defeats the objective of the game.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He's going to be very good indeed. Last night there were two moments where he could have done better - he was clean through on goal at 2-0 and shot straight at the keeper, and a few minutes later he was muscled out of a challenge by Antonio which gave them their second.Thing is though, both of these are areas where he can, and most probably will, improve - and then he is a very complete player.

I'm actually wondering where his best position is, left-back seems almost a waste. When he came he said that centre-back is his preferred position, but also plays defensive midfield. Both Gareth Bale and Gareth Barry started at left-back and went on to great things....

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Early days but very impressed so far. Brilliant to have a flairmeister Brazilian full-back. Certainly come a long way since Withdean !!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
2 MOM Performances when he was finally introduced to the Team.
Bong coming on last night just reminded me how much of an improvement Bernardo is.
Links up well with Locadia.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
An excellent prospect that will learn his trade with CH as his mentor.. Much more to come from him yet I feel.
Looks like we have a rough diamond that will polish up a treat!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
had a poor game last night and constantly beaten for pace, which is unusual, but disregarding last nights performance I would rate him higher than Bong but not so on last night.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Love the bloke.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
For anyone pointing out he got taken on by Antonio, Antonio did it even easier a few minutes later against everyone's favourite 1-1 tackler, Bong. Bong found it hard to sort his feet out and even clear it at points last night. Bernardo is a much better player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here