Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are you looking forward to in 2019?

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So a new year. What are you looking forward to?

For me it's taking a lot more leisure time and some holidays abroad after a year now in my "new" job, a year of overtime, ridiculous hours, long nights and short days I feel I have earned a break and am going to enjoy some time off now and spend it with friends and family.

So what about you lovely chaps and chapettes? What's got your tails wagging in 2019?

*keep it Brexit free if we can, we all know each other's opinions on the matter and there is a dedicated thread to all that stuff. Thanks*

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm looking forward to.....

More gym/climbing wall.

Less pub.

Build up business (the above two will assist in that).

Cricket World Cup/Ashes/son playing cricket.

Oh and most importantly NOT having a court case hanging over my head which went on for three years until we finally "beat" the lying scum that are South Yorkshire Police (and the CPS) in September.

2019 will be the best year in a long time. Guaranteed.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm looking forward to.....

More gym/climbing wall.

Less pub.

Build up business (the above two will assist in that).

Cricket World Cup/Ashes/son playing cricket.

Oh and most importantly NOT having a court case hanging over my head which went on for three years until we finally "beat" the lying scum that are South Yorkshire Police (and the CPS) in September.

2019 will be the best year in a long time. Guaranteed.

That sounds like a heavy load, you'll be glad that's gone! Congrats.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That sounds like a heavy load, you'll be glad that's gone! Congrats.
It's not been fun mate and has tested our health and our marriage to levels I wouldn't wish on anyone. But yes, we're gradually readjusting to life being normal again and all will be well eventually.

Thank you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Leaving work on the 25th January

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
1 - First grandchild (due any time now)

2 - Watching the Albion win the FA Cup

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Hoping Brexit will be solved one way or another.

Very difficult when you're retired (in France) and you have no idea whether health benefits will be reciprocal and more importantly, will I still be as welcome here as I am now if No Deal gets out of hand. ( I'm particularly referring to fishing rights and many other issues that are outstanding).

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
In no particular order:

Getting back into the habit of working out
Spending more time on creative endeavours
Drinking less
Eating better
Learning how to play jazz (bass)

Double bass or bass guitar? One of my dreams is to own a double bass and play it well.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Double bass or bass guitar? One of my dreams is to own a double bass and play it well.

Yeah, double bass. I've got an acoustic and an electric bass guitar I've been playing since I was 15 or so. Finally wanting to get my hands on one of the big beasties.

My other half took me to a surprise jazz gig in London just before Christmas and I was utterly mesmerised by the bassist; decided there and then I want to have a crack at it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Retirement?

Given the company tried a 2nd attempt at changing my pension, previously salary capped two years ago not sure if I will fully retire but drawing my pension.

Would like to still do some work but needs to be part-time and not disrupt watching the Albion I suppose......

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yeah, double bass. I've got an acoustic and an electric bass guitar I've been playing since I was 15 or so. Finally wanting to get my hands on one of the big beasties.

My other half took me to a surprise jazz gig in London just before Christmas and I was utterly mesmerised by the bassist; decided there and then I want to have a crack at it.

Wasn't Stanley Clarke was it? I was there if so. Genius.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Cant wait to get married this year and go on honeymoon. Is it bad im more looking forward to the honeymoon than the wedding itself?

Not at all - the wedding is the symbol and it's a celebration for everyone to enjoy, but there's a lot of pressure and stress on the bride and groom. It's expensive, too! The honeymoon is for yourselves. I wish you all the best, I hope the preparations have gone well and it's all arranged but if not, I'm sure you'll get all the help and need from the NSC community.

For me, I'm looking forward to enjoying my surroundings more. I regularly go to places I like, Rushden lakes for example, but it's felt like a token activity previously. Not any more, I'm going to enjoy going to places I enjoy being at and I'm going to spend less time worrying about the fortunes of others. I can't control the outcome of sporting events and I can't control the emotions of people around me. I'll continue supporting them but I won't be responsible for their happiness, or lack of. Also time to get back on the dating game, daunting but potentially exciting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here