Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Charity Stand

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
As far as I am aware, none our our stands are named. Hopefully one day sooner rather than later the west stand will be named the Tony Bloom Stand, but how about handing over naming rights to one of the stands to a charity?

It wouldn't have to be on a permanent basis, a season or half season, and in amongst the adverts for betting websites in chinese that scroll around the pitch, an occasional advert for the relevant charity could be shown on the pitchside boards, perhaps a charity's logo could be shown on any printed tickets, a named board could be put on the top of the stand etc.

AITC would be the obvious first choice, but using our global exposure to promote a local (or national) charity selected by supporters seems like a relatively easy way to give something back. We've necessarily sold out by getting the revenue from the betting websites and fast food companies, this seems to me to be a neat chance to try and claw something back, hopefully without tripping over the presumably dozens of commercial agreements in place with EPL / FIFA or whoever it is that calls the shots.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Sounds like a good idea to me but can't see it being put on the advertising boards, suspect that is all fully used during the game and paid for by the sponsors.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I recall that the club announced names at one stage in the first couple of seasons but were prevented from going through with it after AMEX pointed out it wasn’t allowed under their stadium naming agreement.

I can’t see it happening until that deal is renewed / renegotiated.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Suspect you're both probably right, but wonder if as something subtler / less permanent than a full on naming of a stand it might be allowed by Amex?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I recall that the club announced names at one stage in the first couple of seasons but were prevented from going through with it after AMEX pointed out it wasn’t allowed under their stadium naming agreement.

I can’t see it happening until that deal is renewed / renegotiated.

This, I believe that American Express have bought the naming rights for the entire stadium. How long the contract is for l have no idea, but l don't expect them to terminate the agreerment whilst the club continues to enjoy relative success.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Careful what you wish for.

The North Stand sponsored by ><
The Family Stand sponsored by ><

To be followed by in game commercials for the stand sponsors on the stadium screens

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Careful what you wish for.

The North Stand sponsored by ><
The Family Stand sponsored by ><

To be followed by in game commercials for the stand sponsors on the stadium screens

I wished for the stand to be voluntarily handed over in a very limited way to a charity selected by supporters to give them a bit of publicity, not sure I need to be careful about that!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
NO NO NO
We are a traditional club with an East,West, North and South. If we have a TB stand then there would be Peter Ward but where do you stop? Tony Bloom Way would be nice.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
slightly off topic but when was the last time we're the north stand / west stand song was sung.

Was only song that the North stand sing as one

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
NO NO NO
We are a traditional club with an East,West, North and South. If we have a TB stand then there would be Peter Ward but where do you stop? Tony Bloom Way would be nice.

Even if it’s not permanent? First half of the season calling the south stand the Martletts Hospice South Stand stand on a few printed tickets and a sign board and giving them some free publicity doesn’t seem to me to be all that bad.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do Amex have an official charity to tie in with this?Seems like a good thing to get behind.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Other than Dick’s Bar I don’t think anything in the stadium is named after an individual. I’d have thought they would have welcomed naming some of the restaurants and bars after Albion legends. They can always rename them when they get refurbished.
I’d go for a starter by naming rooms, restaurants and bars after the key individuals who got rid of the old guard and fought for Falmer.

Invicta

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Other than Dick’s Bar I don’t think anything in the stadium is named after an individual. I’d have thought they would have welcomed naming some of the restaurants and bars after Albion legends. They can always rename them when they get refurbished.
I’d go for a starter by naming rooms, restaurants and bars after the key individuals who got rid of the old guard and fought for Falmer.

There's a Harry Bloom restaurant and something named after Mullery I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here