Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Model's Fish 'n' Chip shop - Fiveways

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Any other Fiveways residents know what's happened to Model's fish and chip shop?

I knew it hadn't been open for a while, (and I know he often closes for a week in January) but during the Christmas break I wandered over and peered in through the window. It looks abandoned. There's drink still in the fridge, but the door is open. There's a load of post on the floor, and a load more on the counter where somebody's been in and picked it up. Quite a lot of it looks mouldy.

Any one know anything? I'm having to go to the chippy in the Dip, which whilst good gets very crowded.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Any other Fiveways residents know what's happened to Model's fish and chip shop?

I knew it hadn't been open for a while, (and I know he often closes for a week in January) but during the Christmas break I wandered over and peered in through the window. It looks abandoned. There's drink still in the fridge, but the door is open. There's a load of post on the floor, and a load more on the counter where somebody's been in and picked it up. Quite a lot of it looks mouldy.

Any one know anything? I'm having to go to the chippy in the Dip, which whilst good gets very crowded.

isn't there one by the Hollingbury pub anymore?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Used to live in the dip...the chippy then was the best around...

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
isn't there one by the Hollingbury pub anymore?

Yeah, but that's too far down the hill for me. I'm about 200 yards north-ish from the Fiveways lights. Jenny's in Preston Drove is probably slightly nearer.

Anyway I want to find out what's happened to Mo, I think he's been running that chippy since I first moved into the area in 1991.

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Maybe he got battered at Christmas and still hasn't got over it?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Yeah, but that's too far down the hill for me. I'm about 200 yards north-ish from the Fiveways lights. Jenny's in Preston Drove is probably slightly nearer.

Anyway I want to find out what's happened to Mo, I think he's been running that chippy since I first moved into the area in 1991.

Blimey, talk about ships in the night. I moved out in June 1985.

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
Ok, panic over, Mo's back. He'd had back problems, hadn't been able to work and had no one to run the shop for him. He's ok now, but isn't sure how much longer he'll keep doing it. He's 68 now and has been running it for 31 years!

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
Yeah yeah yeah, mock all you like but going in there and hearing Mo say "Five minutes for chips" really cheered me up on Saturday night. I've missed him.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
He's stopped taking credit cards but now does deliveries, but it's COD only!

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here