Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away Match Season Tickets

el punal

On the train home last night I was chatting to a couple of West Ham fans. So after discussing all aspects of the match, good and bad, the talk came round to how our respective clubs deal with the demand for match tickets and subsequent procedures.

I stated that we have a loyalty points system in place to be implemented when there is a high demand, i.e. for cup games and away fixtures. One of the West Ham boys then said that he had a season ticket for all away fixtures, on top of his home season ticket.

He went on to explain that a total of 700 season tickets were sold each season to willing fans thus enabling them to have a guaranteed seat at every away fixture. (Delete* if you think this is all bullshit). The remaining allocation would then be sold on an ad hoc basis, presumably, first come first served basis.

Personally I prefer the Albion loyalty points system as it rewards those fans who are the most committed, but do you think that the club should introduce an away ticket system similar to that of West Ham?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Here you go...

"...a brand new away season ticket (that includes the auto-cup scheme) called Platinum membership. This is something many supporters have asked the club to introduce, and it will provide a hassle-free option for those who want attend every game – be it Accrington or Arsenal. Platinum and Gold memberships do not have upfront fees.

Away Games
Platinum members automatically receive one ticket mailed to them. "

from https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2013/june/membership-faqs/

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the train home last night I was chatting to a couple of West Ham fans. So after discussing all aspects of the match, good and bad, the talk came round to how our respective clubs deal with the demand for match tickets and subsequent procedures.

I stated that we have a loyalty points system in place to be implemented when there is a high demand, i.e. for cup games and away fixtures. One of the West Ham boys then said that he had a season ticket for all away fixtures, on top of his home season ticket.

He went on to explain that a total of 700 season tickets were sold each season to willing fans thus enabling them to have a guaranteed seat at every away fixture. (Delete* if you think this is all bullshit). The remaining allocation would then be sold on an ad hoc basis, presumably, first come first served basis.

Personally I prefer the Albion loyalty points system as it rewards those fans who are the most committed, but do you think that the club should introduce an away ticket system similar to that of West Ham?

Not necessary IMO - we have way more than 700 that are guaranteed a seat at all away games anyway (essentially whatever our allocation is) - the way loyalty point tiers are set ensures this.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
That Platinum thing wouldn't have been too useful if the ticket was just sent out, no choices for seat location nor linking up with other Fan nos.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Sounds like a good idea when you are based in London and travel connections are reasonably good.

I imagine clubs on the South Coast or North East (for example) have thought about it and dismissed it as not viable.

How many fans attend every game? I thought it was <100

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
would be ok , not that would get it.

The main issue is we don't have say 5 / 10% of tickets that go on a general sale to all.

Closed shop

Not that the club give a stuff on this one

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017

The main issue is we don't have say 5 / 10% of tickets that go on a general sale to all.

Closed shop

Idea of 5-10pc going to members, would not be a bad idea- but it would only apply to a few high demand aways.

Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham only games which have not gone to at least members this year.

Liverpool, Southampton, Man City, Newcastle, Everton, Cardiff, Burnley all went on general sale or at least to members I believe.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Closed shop

Last season it was but not this season. Plenty of opportunity to get tickets for games north of London.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As someone who goes to most away games my loyalty means I'm guaranteed any away tickets. I'd be really peeved if I went to B'muff Saturday but not United the following week because some rich kid could afford to buy a season ticket but only use it for the big games.

The Optimist

Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Idea of 5-10pc going to members, would not be a bad idea- but it would only apply to a few high demand aways.

Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham only games which have not gone to at least members this year.

Liverpool, Southampton, Man City, Newcastle, Everton, Cardiff, Burnley all went on general sale or at least to members I believe.

Man Utd also went on general sale.

The Optimist

Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
As someone who goes to most away games my loyalty means I'm guaranteed any away tickets. I'd be really peeved if I went to B'muff Saturday but not United the following week because some rich kid could afford to buy a season ticket but only use it for the big games.

This would be my concern with the idea, people buying an away season ticket but not using it for all the games and the ticket ends up going to waste.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Just not needed. Only 49 people went to every game last season. Issues over selection of seats would arise and it is open to abuse from those who might just buy it for the big games and flog off those they don’t want to go to. Just isn’t something that there is enough demand for. And I pretty much go to every game now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just not needed. Only 49 people went to every game last season. Issues over selection of seats would arise and it is open to abuse from those who might just buy it for the big games and flog off those they don’t want to go to. Just isn’t something that there is enough demand for. And I pretty much go to every game now.

Is the right answer

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Closed shop

Closed shop rubbish, plenty of away games have gone on general sale this season, or do you mean I can't be bothered to travel north of London so closed shop :cry: :cry: You can still get a ticket of Saturday if you could be bothered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here