Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings (Wot no)

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Team 8. Overall a very good performance (from my view in the bottom tier). We looked sharp and positive and probably deserved a win.

Button. 7. Kicking woeful though. First half hard and low and came straight back. Second half all out for throw ins. But some good saves and no chance with either goal

Montoya. 6. Quick and nimble but his passing is sometimes off and can’t cross

Bernardo 8. Fantastic performance but looked injured for the second goal. Bong was preparing to come on before Antonio skinned Bernardo for the second

Duffy. 7. Marked down for the first WH goal but excellent finish at the far post kept Carroll very quiet first half

Dunk 8. Excellent as usual. Looked really p*ssed off at the end

Stephens 8. Moving forward more than normal and excellent finish. Under pressure from Bissouma so has improved

Propper 9. MOTM for me. Has looked imperious since coming back from injury

March. 8. Really good performance from Solly - increasing in confidence and improving with every game

Locadia 7. Looked good and worked hard. But struggled a bit defensively in the second half and gave Bernardo problems a couple of times

Gross. 6. Ineffective. Took up some good positions but gave it away a few times. Bissouma is now a better option

Murray 7. Worked hard and would love to see Andone on with him at some stage

Subs. Andone 8. Such a hard worker and puts himself about with real pace

Bong 6. Not his best cameo

CH. 7. Got it right mostly [emoji106]. A good point away from home. He seems to have released the hand brake

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Promising comments and consistent with the last few games and our new shape. Interested to see if others score Murray so highly and if people think Andone from the off would (in hindsight) have been a better choice from the off.

Very high scores considering we conceded two goals having been 2 up. Anyone else who went care to share?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Agree with most.... feel Gross is worthy of 2 different marks.

0-60 mins 7
60-90 mins 4

He does a lot of good work in the new formation, finds a lot of space and moves the ball well..... however I feel some have become a little critical of him as they are comparing to what he was doing last season. A number of times last night he was our furthest player back.

However the last half an hour he couldn’t find a pass and looked shattered.

March would be a 6/7 because despite getting into great positions a number of times his end product was woeful.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 -average

Button 6
Montoya 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bernardo 6
March 6
Propper 8
Stephens 7
Locadia 6
Gross 6
Murray 6

Bong 6
Andone n/a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Button. 7. Solid. Don't blame him for either goal. Surprised kicking was poor as looked v good vs Everton

Montoya.7 Some very good stuff defending and going forward, wish he could cross better though

Bernardo 8. Mostly excellent yet again, although brushed off a bit easily for their second goal. Going to be a superstar.

Duffy. 7. Could've done better for their first, otherwise good game. Doubt Carroll has ever won so few headers in a game

Dunk 8. Solid as ever

Stephens 8. Very good, moving forward with real purpose in the new formation and does so much 'dirty work' closing down and tackling

Propper 9. Outstanding, our MOTM for me - tactical tweak has let him off the leash and he's thriving. Very classy

March. 7. Some good stuff but outmuscled too often for me, particularly second half when he looked tired. Thought Knocky should have come on for him with 20 or so to go

Locadia 7.5 Decent. Love the runs he makes, still not always getting seen by teammates but Propper and Stephens now starting to look for him. Looking better defensively as well. Works well with Bernardo and the team thrives on decent partnerships

Gross. 6.5 Not shining at the moment, partly due to tactics now he's in the midfield 3 rather than the striker support so not getting the plaudits for assists etc. Looked v tired after the hour and hit a few tired looking balls as the game progressed

Murray 7. Hassled their back four pretty well but think Andone should've either started or maybe come on earlier as more pace would've worried their defence

Subs. Andone 7.5 100% committed, must be a right pain in the arse to play against.

Bong 6. Usual mix of good jostling and pisspoor passing/clearing, clearly off the pace but was up against a fresh Antonio who'd changed the game

CH. 8 Loving the new formation and players are quickly getting to grips with it. We look far more dangerous. Taken a long time (relative to the general lack of patience us fans have) but that's his natural caution I guess at making sure he has the personnel and that they're properly drilled. Easy with hindsight too to suggest starting lineups subs that could've resulted in a different outcome but the overall slow but very sure incremental development we're seeing makes it difficult to be critical.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Abrahams and White on Talksport now agreeing that Gross (and Dunk) were our best players last night.....................:shrug:

Other paraphrased snippets :

No chance we'll go down
Huge fans of Hughton, Bloom and Barber, all doing a great job. Great story, very well run family club
Very good shape and defence, rarely get beaten heavily by anyone, huge asset to have, D&D very good
Odd that Knockaert isn't starting with all his talent
Need to replace Murray, not getting any younger

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
from my front room watching the game and listening to radio sussex commentary out of sink with each other

Button 6 kicking poor compared to Everton not sure he was to blame for either goal
Montoya 7 looking the part as Bruno's long term replacement
Duffy 8 great goal terrible slip the other end to allow in their first goal
Dunk 7 could have given a penalty away or even been sent off for the elbow apart from that captain fantastic
Bernardo 6 he is a real star but and its a big but he can be found out and has been a couple of times
March 7 steady game
Propper 9 our MOTM really excelling in the new formation
Stephens 8 super goal
Locadia 7 Repeatedly out of position, poor balls from him and even worst balls to him not convinced he works well enough in supporting Bernardo but I am starting to think there is a really good player in Locardia would like to see him in the number 10 role
Gross 7 worked hard not the quickest of players we keep saying this
Murray 7 worked hard with no service at all

Bong 7 needed to come on we were about to be overrun settled the defence
Andone n/a not on long enough but his pace would have ripped their defence apart had he come on with half hour to go

First half both teams were poor WestHam were poor all over the pitch we were poor in the final third our final pass time and time again went to West Ham players

Second half thank goodness for corners West Ham bringing Nobel on did it for us I find him obnoxious he's one of those players every team needs wish he played for us

Before the game a draw would have been very acceptable and that's what we got so why does it feel like we lost 0-2 yet we ****** it up

Now let's put out a strong team and beat Bounemouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
some exceptionally high marks.

Button 5 poor kicking throughout the game and nearly got caught by their forward
montoya 6 crossing was poor and gifted Anderson a chance which he didn't take.
Bernado 6 not the Bernado we've seen of late. can forgive him a poor game based on recent showings
Duffy 8 excellent. Cant blame him for Arnautovic goal as striker did really well. solid otherwise and great goal
Dunk 7 not his best performance and clumsy when lucky not to give away a pen
Stephens 8 Decent showing and well taken goal
Propper 7 Worked hard but didn't really get into the game.
March 7 probably our most dangerous looking player but let down again by poor decision making with final ball.
Gross 5 poor once again with very little influence. Started playing deeper and deeper for some reason. Needs to be replaced by Bissouma
Locadia 6 Did nothing of any real note and barely got into the game.
Murray 6 tough night with no service from wide areas.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst I thought Solly’s defensive work was good and he got into some great positions with time to put in a cross, as far as I saw he ****ed up every single cross (and he made a few too) so suprised he got more than 5 from everyone on the thread so far. Maybe I’m being harsh?

Shouldn’t decent crosses be a given for a winger to get high marks?

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Whilst I thought Solly’s defensive work was good and he got into some great positions with time to put in a cross, as far as I saw he ****ed up every single cross (and he made a few too) so suprised he got more than 5 from everyone on the thread so far. Maybe I’m being harsh?

Shouldn’t decent crosses be a given for a winger to get high marks?

Solly cutting back instead of putting the early ball in to Locadia in the second half ****ed me right off, he never seems to make the right decision.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
some exceptionally high marks.

Button 5 poor kicking throughout the game and nearly got caught by their forward
montoya 6 crossing was poor and gifted Anderson a chance which he didn't take.
Bernado 6 not the Bernado we've seen of late. can forgive him a poor game based on recent showings
Duffy 8 excellent. Cant blame him for Arnautovic goal as striker did really well. solid otherwise and great goal
Dunk 7 not his best performance and clumsy when lucky not to give away a pen
Stephens 8 Decent showing and well taken goal
Propper 7 Worked hard but didn't really get into the game.
March 7 probably our most dangerous looking player but let down again by poor decision making with final ball.
Gross 5 poor once again with very little influence. Started playing deeper and deeper for some reason. Needs to be replaced by Bissouma
Locadia 6 Did nothing of any real note and barely got into the game.
Murray 6 tough night with no service from wide areas.

!THIS !
Spot on with those marks. Exactly how I saw it too. Too many fans had their rose tinted glasses when marking our boys.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Interested by these two... March (7), "our most dangerous player", yet couldn't cross so actually created nothing and no actual "danger". Gross (5), "very little influence" apart from the two corners that led to our goals?

I get Gross isn't playing like he was last season but this odd obsession with him contributing nothing is absolute nonsense in my opinion. He's playing a different role at the moment. Essentially rather than playing 2 DM and Gross in a no. 10, we're playing 1 DM (Stephens) and 2 no. 10s (Propper & Gross). Before, Gross had licence to roam with two sitting, he now has to alternate with Propper, hence Propper looking better by the game (because he's getting forward more) and Gross less so because his influence is being shared.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Interested by these two... March (7), "our most dangerous player", yet couldn't cross so actually created nothing and no actual "danger". Gross (5), "very little influence" apart from the two corners that led to our goals?

I get Gross isn't playing like he was last season but this odd obsession with him contributing nothing is absolute nonsense in my opinion. He's playing a different role at the moment. Essentially rather than playing 2 DM and Gross in a no. 10, we're playing 1 DM (Stephens) and 2 no. 10s (Propper & Gross). Before, Gross had licence to roam with two sitting, he now has to alternate with Propper, hence Propper looking better by the game (because he's getting forward more) and Gross less so because his influence is being shared.

Not only did he take our two corners, he created the second one as well. I think with Gross, if he had been taken off he'd be getting higher scores, as he definitely faded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here