Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 more wins should be enough to stay up?

Cant see the bottom 6 (18 points or less) all picking up 20 points or more from their last 17 games so realistically 35 points is probably enough this year to survive... we dont have that many winnable games in the next few months (fulham away, hudds and then cardiff at home possible) and assuming a few draws elsewhere so by end of march we should be sitting pretty. we're not going to overtake watford or probably bmth so will settle for finishing where we are now in 13th this year...onwards and upwards next year..

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:facepalm:

You'll be embarrassed by this when you wake up in the morning...

...oh.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As things stand, 3 wins - 34/35 points - is also my target for survival based on my current points projections for the bottom teams.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can see it being even less. Last year’s 18th position only got 33 points, and I can see at least one of those teams on 16-18 points having a complete disaster of a second half season where they only pick up 12-13 points - my money would be on Cardiff and Newcastle.

3 wins, or 2 wins and a couple of draws, will be enough. With 7 home and 4 away games against non-top 6, it would require a monumental loss of form and injury bad luck from here - our current odds are 50-1!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not even bothering with relegation stats this season because we're nowhere near bad enough to be going down. We are in the same bracket as Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham as absolutely nailed on to be here next season but with equally very little chance of finishing in the top 8.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My concern, if I have any, is that come 2nd March we could have played 7 games and picked up only a few points.
So come those easy* games of Hudds, Cardiff, Saints, B'Muff and Newcastle all at home, we may be shell shocked and totally out of form.
*no such thing.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cant see the bottom 6 (18 points or less) all picking up 20 points or more from their last 17 games so realistically 35 points is probably enough this year to survive... we dont have that many winnable games in the next few months (fulham away, hudds and then cardiff at home possible) and assuming a few draws elsewhere so by end of march we should be sitting pretty. we're not going to overtake watford or probably bmth so will settle for finishing where we are now in 13th this year...onwards and upwards next year..

Next few MONTHS ? We've got Watford and Burnley at home and Fulham away in our next 5 games. Why aren't those games winnable ?

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
I'm not even bothering with relegation stats this season because we're nowhere near bad enough to be going down. We are in the same bracket as Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham as absolutely nailed on to be here next season but with equally very little chance of finishing in the top 8.

Agreed. So let's play a full-strength team in the Cup, pick up a few injuries and try and make the rest of the season a bit interesting instead of just a procession of glorified near-friendlies! :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Burnleys last 4 look tasty -

Chelsea A
Manchester City H
Everton A
Arsenal H

Cardiffs fixtures don't look horrific the way they fall , reckon they will survive.

Plenty of twists to come yet

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
18th place Southampton are on 16 points after 21 games.

At the same point in the 2016/17 season Palace were 17th with 16 points and Cardiff were bottom with 15 points - both ended with 41 points.

kjgood

I just hope you are right, there is a history of teams being to good to go down.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

At the same point in the 2016/17 season Palace were 17th with 16 points and Cardiff were bottom with 15 points - both ended with 41 points.
Cardiff weren't even in the PL, let alone picking up 41 points in it!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Yes of course the odd team might go on a decent run but all 6 can't and in all likelihood 3 won't

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008

Cardiff weren’t in the Premier League in 2016/17 (?).
Did you mean Swansea ?

Cardiff were last in the top division in 2013/14, and finished bottom of the pile on 30 points ???
Fingers crossed for a similar feat from Warnock this year :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It ain't over til the OFFICIAL Teams That Can't Catch Us thread. Stand ready [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION]

Absolutely can't argue with that - but I'm looking up rather than down. We're in a mini league with the likes of B'muff, Watford, Everton and Wet Sham - we could have overtaken some of them if we'd held on to our lead last night, and I'd still like us to finish above one or two of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here