Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Retrospective. Oasis. Albion

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Watched most of the Oasis:Supersonic documentary on BBC4 last night.

However, late on in the show, as they were about to play Wonderwall, I instinctively turned off as I always do when this song is about to be played.

I wish my lasting and purest memory of Wonderwall to be that of the pitch perfect rendition sung by us at Hereford just before the teams came out. In the deepest, darkest recesses of football supporter minds lurk those moments of superstition that we believe turn the tide in our favour and this was one of them. And so decades later, I now have this curious habit.

Tried to explain to the missus but it was useless.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Watched most of the Oasis:Supersonic documentary on BBC4 last night.

However, late on in the show, as they were about to play Wonderwall, I instinctively turned off as I always do when this song is about to be played.

I wish my lasting and purest memory of Wonderwall to be that of the pitch perfect rendition sung by us at Hereford just before the teams came out. In the deepest, darkest recesses of football supporter minds lurk those moments of superstition that we believe turn the tide in our favour and this was one of them. And so decades later, I now have this curious habit.

Tried to explain to the missus but it was useless.

Brilliant film that. Reminds me I need to get my copy of it back off my mate.

Love the acoustic version of Live Forever by Noel on it. Don't think I have ever heard it elsewhere (apart from Youtube). Going to have my fiance walk down the aisle to that on the big day.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Brilliant film that. Reminds me I need to get my copy of it back off my mate.

Love the acoustic version of Live Forever by Noel on it. Don't think I have ever heard it elsewhere (apart from Youtube). Going to have my fiance walk down the aisle to that on the big day.

Cometh the wedding day, we would be interested to hear if your fiance agrees to that request. Genuine round of applause if you can make that happen!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Cometh the wedding day, we would be interested to hear if your fiance agrees to that request. Genuine round of applause if you can make that happen!

She's agreed in principle so hopefully she sticks to it. She's a reasonably big Oasis fan herself so it isn't out of the question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here