Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is your tree still up?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you do the 12th night thing, or is it packed away (artificial) / dumped in the garden (real) already?

Ours is still up - looking forward to covering the house in needles when we try to get it out the house on Saturday. On the plus side, I'll be able to see more than half of the TV again. Really miss that right half of the screen.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Do you do the 12th night thing, or is it packed away (artificial) / dumped in the garden (real) already?

Ours is still up - looking forward to covering the house in needles when we try to get it out the house on Saturday. On the plus side, I'll be able to see more than half of the TV again. Really miss that right half of the screen.

I imagined that you would have a sumptuous lounging area with an enormous wall mounted cinematic TV...maybe even one with a curved screen. So this begs the question: do you:

A) have an enormous tree
B) have a tiny room
C) both
D) neither
E) place your tree deliberately to obscure the blonde woman on BBC breakfast

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No tree, but some lights and some other decorations.
All going back to the garage tomorrow.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Currently taking mine down and ridding the house of cards, ornaments and tinsel.

It's the New Year, the 'Festive Season' is very much over, and everything comes down on the 1st or 2nd in our house. Goodbye Christmas for another year. :wave:

My tree is an expensive and good quality fake. I've never supported growing a tree to chop it down and throw it away just for decorative purposes. Someone once bought me a little Christmas Tree in a pot (about 7 or 8 inches tall) a few years ago. They were like "yeah, just throw it in the bin after Christmas.."

It's now in my back garden, about 2 foot tall and growing healthily. When it's big enough, I'll decorate it with lights at Christmas - outside. :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
To be fair I'm supposed to be taking everything down as the Mrs is back at work today. But I'm loathe to let go (and am in the pub instead) so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Or Friday.

What day is it again?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
121763400.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Down, Mrs Hut decided Christmas finished yesterday

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I imagined that you would have a sumptuous lounging area with an enormous wall mounted cinematic TV...maybe even one with a curved screen. So this begs the question: do you:

A) have an enormous tree
B) have a tiny room
C) both
D) neither
E) place your tree deliberately to obscure the blonde woman on BBC breakfast

The tree is about 7 feet but very broad. There's no obvious place to put the thing and we make this mistake every year - the tree always looks "not too big" until we get it into the house, and the least bad place to put it is alongside the sofa on which I tend to spend most of my time.

We're also not big TV people, nor BIG TV people. We only have one in the house, and it's a relatively modest by modern standards 40" (I think).

b3030d1e19b3afd8882a578768434d1a.jpg

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Just read this on the Guardian website. All sounds a bit severe to me... plus - what will the pancakes taste like covered in acrid burning plastic smoke?!! :eek:

"Before I get caught out again, when exactly is Twelfth Night? Must I take my Christmas decorations down before it, during it or not until after it? What happens to me if I get it wrong?

YOU MUST take your decorations down by Twelfth Night (which you will recognize by the fact that your true love will have sent you twelve whatevers doing something-or-other). Otherwise, you must leave your decorations up till Shrove Tuesday, when you take them down, burn them, and cook your pancakes over their flames.

David Lewin,
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Chilton, Didcot, Oxon (jdl@hepax6.rl.ac.uk)"

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
When I bought my tree in the garden centre the cashier asked " are you putting it up yourself? "
"No" I replied "I'm putting it in my lounge"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mine's up. It should be down but I have that particular duty and I can't put much weight on my right foot or stand still for more than a few minutes. I suspect we'll put it away at the weekend. Normally down on 2 Jan though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here