Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Seat Licenses Wanted

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Ask those that sit next to you. They may be up for buying a single seat license.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ask those that sit next to you. They may be up for buying a single seat license.

This. At the end of last season, I sold my single seat to my AMEX neighbour-but-one so that I could take up a pair that I got from the club.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
This. At the end of last season, I sold my single seat to my AMEX neighbour-but-one so that I could take up a pair that I got from the club.
Nice thought but I've already tried that and have let people round me know that I would like to surrender my seat and licence any time I get an offer. I'm rescind to continue until the next 2 and a bit seasons are up, but I would also rather someone who can come each game had my seat as I have to miss about half the fixtures for various reasons.
I still enjoy it when I get to games and the people round me are great, just advancing years are taking their toll which makes it difficult sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Little bump for this with renewals around the corner.

Would look at purchasing two licenses in West stand if priced sensibly!
Thanks

kevhome2

Jan 20, 2010
Hi,
I am putting a post up today about selling my 1901 membership (licence) and saw this thread. My seat is a single in the East, Sun Harvest lounge. If any interest please send me a private message for more details. Thanks

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never really got the seat licence thing. The mere fact that the club had to wheel out some perma-permed Aussie super-salesman at the initial presentations to upsell the thing strongly suggests the club thought it was going to be a hard sell from the off. Would be genuinely interested to learn what the club's core thinking was when they decided to offer them.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Hi all,

Still in the market for 2x West Stand 1901 seat licenses if anyone is looking to sell. Want to get sorted before renewals in March for regular STs. DM me if interested in selling. Ta!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hi all,

Still in the market for 2x West Stand 1901 seat licenses if anyone is looking to sell. Want to get sorted before renewals in March for regular STs. DM me if interested in selling. Ta!

[MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION], sadly, suggested he might be wanting out at the end of the current 5 years which is end of next season. Maybe you can sort something out with him?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I don't really understand the seat licence to be honest. If for example I wanted to upgrade my ST to a seat in the 1901 somewhere, would I have to buy a licence first, then buy a seat?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't really understand the seat licence to be honest. If for example I wanted to upgrade my ST to a seat in the 1901 somewhere, would I have to buy a licence first, then buy a seat?

Yep. Was £500 for 5 years or £1000 for life, plus VAT. No idea if it is still the same though

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Pretty much - it is the same for ST holders though as you were able to buy a license a while back. Basically you are paying for the privilege of paying for your seat. There was a 5 year option for £500 or a lifetime option for £1000 when they first went on sale. You are committing to pay the monthly payments for the period you pay for. If you got the 5 year one, you would owe them another £500 to extend for another 5 years - as some failed political wannabee whose name slips my mind did. If you decide not to renew at the end of your 5 year period, the club are free to sell it on with no recompense. If I choose to sell mine because I don't want to commit to another 5 years, I can sell the seat on to someone else as I still own the license - as long as I keep up the monthly payments in the interim. Bit like a house lease is the best analogy I can think of although not really a good analogy at all.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If I choose to sell mine because I don't want to commit to another 5 years, I can sell the seat on to someone else as I still own the license - as long as I keep up the monthly payments in the interim. Bit like a house lease is the best analogy I can think of although not really a good analogy at all.

But if you don't keep up the payments in the interim the licence becomes invalid??

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
But if you don't keep up the payments in the interim the licence becomes invalid??
Yep - you are committing to pay in perpetuity. If you sign up for 5 years then you have to pay the monthly payments. If you don't then you default on your contract and the club will resell the ticket. If you are maintaining the payments and have time left on the license then you can sell it yourself.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Pretty much - it is the same for ST holders though as you were able to buy a license a while back. Basically you are paying for the privilege of paying for your seat. There was a 5 year option for £500 or a lifetime option for £1000 when they first went on sale. You are committing to pay the monthly payments for the period you pay for. If you got the 5 year one, you would owe them another £500 to extend for another 5 years - as some failed political wannabee whose name slips my mind did. If you decide not to renew at the end of your 5 year period, the club are free to sell it on with no recompense. If I choose to sell mine because I don't want to commit to another 5 years, I can sell the seat on to someone else as I still own the license - as long as I keep up the monthly payments in the interim. Bit like a house lease is the best analogy I can think of although not really a good analogy at all.

Thanks. Sounds like an absolutely insane idea so I'll stick with what I've got.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks. Sounds like an absolutely insane idea so I'll stick with what I've got.
You can sort of get why they do it - it stops people signing up and getting bored halfway through the contract term.It was sold as an investment which was always BS - maybe I could recoup more than I paid now we are in the PL but unlikely and why would someone sign up for a ticket in the Championship and then sell it to make a few quid in the PL? What we do get is a schedule of increases for the next 5 years when we renew - be interesting to see if we are still in the PL at renewal time next year if our committing to 5 years when we were in the Championship is rewarded with an RPI increase or if we get gouged.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

I could well be wrong, but my understanding is that for each 5 year period you are committing to all the payments for that period. So, technically, if you default on your payments the club could pursue you for the entire outstanding amount.

In practice, as long as there is demand, I'd imagine you will just lose your seat and the club will sell it on rather that take legal steps to recoup the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here