Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Seat Licenses Wanted

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Hi

Looking to upgrade to 1901 and looking to purchase two licenses for next season, due to my Dad getting older and not being able to manage too many steps

If anyone is interested in selling (West Stand pref) at a sensible price, please drop me a PM

Thanks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The sale of 1901 licenses is permitted.

At face value only and how does it work? I guess it has to be done via the club or are the actual licences handled differently from the 5 year season ticket?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
At face value only and how does it work? I guess it has to be done via the club or are the actual licences handled differently from the 5 year season ticket?

I thought it was what someone was prepared to pay. Isn't that the idea of buying one?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought it was what someone was prepared to pay. Isn't that the idea of buying one?

Certainly how it was sold but the club have moved a few goalposts in 1901 since the Amex opened and I wondered if this was one of them. I think the club is geared up to getting back as many 1901 seats as possible for the massive increase in Corporate Hospitality since we reached the Premier League. Most were originally taken up by fans who have no intention of spending the money the club can make by selling packages with the seats, especially in the West stand.

Last edited:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Certainly how it was sold but the club have moved a few goalposts in 1901 since the Amex opened and I wondered if this was one of them. I think the club is geared up to getting back as many 1901 seats as possible for the massive increase in Corporate Hospitality since we reached the Premier League. Most were originally taken up by fans who have no intention of spending the money the club can make by selling packages with the seats, especially in the West stand.

Interesting, thanks. Indicative of just how far the club has come since circa 2009 / 2010 when we had those meetings in the ‘posh’ Falmer portakabins to select our seats.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

How will the club get back the 1901 seats?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I think by increasing the season ticket price when the current 5 year contracts run out. I noticed at the last renewal 3 years ago we were told that if we didn't renew we would forfeit the licence we had purchased with no recompense, so I know some of us decided to go for another 5 years rather than lose the £1000 we had spent to get a lifetime licence.

I'm in a quandary about what to do in 2 years time as at 75+ I don't think I will want to commit to another 5 years. Unfortunately only having a single seat I have been told that although there is a waiting list for 1901 seats, single seats are rarely wanted and I have little chance of finding a buyer. It looks therefore that I will lose my grand if I don't renew, but I suppose over the 10 years of watching some great times it probably only works out at an extra fiver a match!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Believe you are right. The licence is merely the right to buy that seat, not the seat itself. The seat price is fixed by the club but Laws of supply and demand apply to the licence.

From the club website.

Private Seat Licenses
With record crowds every week at the Amex, we are now offering supporters who invested in a Private Seat License (PSL) when the stadium opened, the opportunity to trade these licenses. Please note all PSLs are sold out, so the club will not be issuing any new licenses, except for those traded by existing PSL holders.

In order to sell your PSL you must currently own a PSL certificate in your name and be the named owner of the season ticket seat for the current/upcoming season. By trading your PSL you give up your right to retain this seat for any subsequent season and allow another supporter the opportunity to renew this seat in their name.

A PSL may be traded between supporters, but the transferee must be approved by BHAFC. The transfer value is for the PSL owner to decide and 7.5% of the purchase price or a £50 administration fee (whichever is the larger) applies to both the seller and the buyer when a transfer is made. These charges apply to cover the cost of administration and the cost of issuing a new PSL certificate.

To list your private seat license for sale please download and complete this PSL Sales form and email to supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk.

Any available Private Seat Licences for sale are listed below. To enquire about purchasing one of these available private seat license please download and complete this PSL Buyers form and email to supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk.

Qty Seating Area Block Seat(s) Asking Price
No Private Seats Licenses currently available

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Defaults and anyone who wants out or wants to downgrade to another part of the ground I imagine. I am only guessing here but I believe the club is looking to make the West Stand 1901 far more corporate and profitable than it currently is.

Where have the seats currently being offered as three game packages with hospitality come from?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I’m wonder if the north shelf might become a corporate area in the future or for Liverpool game? Maybe a new shelf area could be built in the north east corner for the youth groups / kids?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It was always a con and can't believe so many people fell for it.

So if you sell your PSL, you have to give up your STH, most people won't be up for that.

You can sell your PSL for as much as you want but they will take 7.5% or £50 whichever is larger. So it will cost them more in administration if you seek your PSL for anything greater than £700.

Yep, rip off.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Defaults and anyone who wants out or wants to downgrade to another part of the ground I imagine. I am only guessing here but I believe the club is looking to make the West Stand 1901 far more corporate and profitable than it currently is.

Where have the seats currently being offered as three game packages with hospitality come from?

Thomas Cook have a whole load of PL clubs on their books including Stains. The cost of the individual game/hotel stay tickets are another level to even 1901 Platinum costs per season divided by 19. An example of the money that’s out there.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think by increasing the season ticket price when the current 5 year contracts run out. I noticed at the last renewal 3 years ago we were told that if we didn't renew we would forfeit the licence we had purchased with no recompense, so I know some of us decided to go for another 5 years rather than lose the £1000 we had spent to get a lifetime licence.

I'm in a quandary about what to do in 2 years time as at 75+ I don't think I will want to commit to another 5 years. Unfortunately only having a single seat I have been told that although there is a waiting list for 1901 seats, single seats are rarely wanted and I have little chance of finding a buyer. It looks therefore that I will lose my grand if I don't renew, but I suppose over the 10 years of watching some great times it probably only works out at an extra fiver a match!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I see what you mean. But the club can only get a ticket back if the present incumbent decides to give it back. If the present incumbent continues to renew, or sells it on, I don’t think there’s anything they can do. The club could increase the price so it’s prohibitively expensive but I can’t see Barber increasing 1901 more (%) than any other part of the ground. Besides, the club appear to have more tickets at their disposal than they have space for hospitality so I’m not convinced there will be a land grab any time soon.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I’m wonder if the north shelf might become a corporate area in the future or for Liverpool game? Maybe a new shelf area could be built in the north east corner for the youth groups / kids?
It was my birthday Saturday and my girlfriend treated us to a meal in the new mullery restaurant with drinks etc. We were seated on the shelf for the game, they seemed to cordon off one side for hospitality and one side for general sale by the looks of it

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Possibility that a pal of mine might have 2 to sell in West.....PM me and can put you in touch.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The club might want increase the CH but they have to match that with service, on Saturday in the Harvey’s lounge a geezer asked for a lager top and the server didn’t know what that was!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

When the Amex opened we had the highest quantity of 'private individuals' owning seats as opposed to companies in the entire football leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here