Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd still suggest the same place I mentioned when you last asked!

https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...=1#post8959893

I’ve no excuse, boss. It’s my memory, you see.

Ta!
    2A. K2-18b

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Yes Chef View Post
      We're the Boathouse, in Littlehampton marina, thanks for asking. You'll know you're in the right place because there's lots of Albion paraphernalia on the walls!
      We have booked in for dinner tomorrow night so looking forward to trying your food.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

0 Not allowed!
      Few more closures in Brighton with Bus Stop and Pabellon both shutting. Not surprised with the first as it's a terrible location there and they never pushed themselves out there.

Pabellon was also a weird location, you would barely know it was there if looking for it.

Shame though, both independents.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thedonkeycentrehalf View Post
      We have booked in for dinner tomorrow night so looking forward to trying your food.
      Good man, should be a nice evening with the weather, I'll say hello if I'm not running around too much!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post
      Few more closures in Brighton with Bus Stop and Pabellon both shutting. Not surprised with the first as it's a terrible location there and they never pushed themselves out there.

Pabellon was also a weird location, you would barely know it was there if looking for it.

Shame though, both independents.
      Perhaps telling that I'd never heard of either!
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Went to El Pastor in Borough Market on Wednesday. Some of the best Mexican food i've eaten outside Mexico - homemade tacos to die for. Recommended

3 Not allowed!
      I seem to have spent most of the last week eating out. First off, a couple of updates from previous places.

I ate in Craft Beer on Thursday evening for the first time in a while. The new burger kitchen in there was very good with very meaty burgers and good toppings. We had one of the specials which was breakfast on a burger and came with a huge lump of very good black pudding, egg, bacon, hash browns, onions and salad. Not cheap but one of the better Brighton pub burgers.

Tonight was another visit to @Bozza s favourite Worthing pizzeria, Fiordilatte. The food in there was as good as ever but it seems to have new management and staff who struggled with it being busy. Pizzas are definitely a bit smaller than they were and for the third visit in a row there was a mistake with our order – nothing major but annoying all the same. Hopefully the new management will settle things down again.

Also, a couple of new places to be reviewed here from the last couple of days.

First up, Jonny's in Worthing. Yet another café in Warwick Street but we thought we’d give them a go for brunch. All of our food was good quality and the prices are on a par with the other cafes along the strip. Tea was from TeaPigs so not using a catering pack of Tetley like some places. Would go back again.

Finally, the review I was most scared about. We took a family visit to the Boathouse, Littlehampton Marina – home of NSC’s own @Yes Chef – for a birthday meal. It was a Tapas night and we sat out on the terrace to enjoy the Mediterranean evening. It’s fair to say we had about 3/4s of the menu between us and really enjoyed the food. Highlights were the Chorizo and Ham Hock Terrine, the slow roasted pork and black pudding and the tortilla. I think we also had four bowls of the chorizo which was cooked in lemon and garlic. Only dish we weren’t keen on was a bubble and squeak that had a bit too much sage for our taste but still disappeared.

We also had pudding – not something we usually do as they are expensive as a family. All were very good with a special mention for the strawberry and lemon posset which had a great balance of flavour and great home made shortbread.

It is a bit out of the way but definitely worth making the effort to visit and we will be going back again in the future.

Don’t forget to say hello to the chef as well – he’s quite a nice bloke you know
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thedonkeycentrehalf View Post
      I seem to have spent most of the last week eating out. First off, a couple of updates from previous places.

I ate in Craft Beer on Thursday evening for the first time in a while. The new burger kitchen in there was very good with very meaty burgers and good toppings. We had one of the specials which was breakfast on a burger and came with a huge lump of very good black pudding, egg, bacon, hash browns, onions and salad. Not cheap but one of the better Brighton pub burgers.

Tonight was another visit to @Bozza s favourite Worthing pizzeria, Fiordilatte. The food in there was as good as ever but it seems to have new management and staff who struggled with it being busy. Pizzas are definitely a bit smaller than they were and for the third visit in a row there was a mistake with our order – nothing major but annoying all the same. Hopefully the new management will settle things down again.

Also, a couple of new places to be reviewed here from the last couple of days.

First up, Jonny's in Worthing. Yet another café in Warwick Street but we thought we’d give them a go for brunch. All of our food was good quality and the prices are on a par with the other cafes along the strip. Tea was from TeaPigs so not using a catering pack of Tetley like some places. Would go back again.

Finally, the review I was most scared about. We took a family visit to the Boathouse, Littlehampton Marina – home of NSC’s own @Yes Chef – for a birthday meal. It was a Tapas night and we sat out on the terrace to enjoy the Mediterranean evening. It’s fair to say we had about 3/4s of the menu between us and really enjoyed the food. Highlights were the Chorizo and Ham Hock Terrine, the slow roasted pork and black pudding and the tortilla. I think we also had four bowls of the chorizo which was cooked in lemon and garlic. Only dish we weren’t keen on was a bubble and squeak that had a bit too much sage for our taste but still disappeared.

We also had pudding – not something we usually do as they are expensive as a family. All were very good with a special mention for the strawberry and lemon posset which had a great balance of flavour and great home made shortbread.

It is a bit out of the way but definitely worth making the effort to visit and we will be going back again in the future.

Don’t forget to say hello to the chef as well – he’s quite a nice bloke you know
      Thanks for coming over to eat and thanks for the generous review. It was lovely to meet you and your family, hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Looks like I was a little lucky having to miss the game on Saturday!

Edit : just seen your nice review on TA as well, thanks so much!
      Last edited by Yes Chef; 27-08-2019 at 07:59.

0 Not allowed!
      The GLDHI and I are off to Endo on Friday. Giles Coren recently gave it 10/10 and said it was the best meal he’d ever had in 20 years of being a food critic. Personally, I’m not sure how it can be better than Sushi Tetsu, though Endo does cooked stuff as well as sushi/sashimi.

I can’t decide whether I’m excited at the the prospect or trepidatious.
      2A. K2-18b
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ForestRowSeagull View Post
      Went to El Pastor in Borough Market on Wednesday. Some of the best Mexican food i've eaten outside Mexico - homemade tacos to die for. Recommended
      I'm not as up on Mexican food as you are, and wish I was, but I agree, very impressed with El Pastor. Handily placed for London fixtures too.