Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 575
  1. #381
    Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cowfold
    Posts
    11,144


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes Chef View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems top heavy with starters, and if you're going to put Beignets on your menu, call them Beignets (or fritters) not doughnuts.
    I'm sure it's all well executed, but 17 quid for ham, egg and chips is a lot for Worthing.
    I sound jealous don't I?
    Agreed 17 quid is most defo extortianate, duck egg or no duck egg.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #382

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can see that topping out at about a cool £200 for the day, sorry, I'll have to skip .
      Probably still much cheaper than @Herr Tubthumper 's recent effort of Cin Cin pre match and Fourth & Church post match.

      For some reason he turned down my offer of the Station pizza wagon after the City game. Not sure his budget goes as £7 for a whole pizza.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki
    • #383
      Sanity Clause vegster's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Posts
      19,854


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agreed 17 quid is most defo extortianate, duck egg or no duck egg.
      It is expensive but there are plenty of people who can afford it and will pay that for a bit of reflected glory for eating there. The lad is only making the most of his fame while he can so fair play to him, there will be another MasterChef winner along shortly.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

      " Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
    • #384
      #14/15 - 18/19 Goldstone1976's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      East Anglia
      Posts
      10,730


      0 Not allowed!
      @Bozza

      How was Pitch??
      2A
    • #385
      Lower-West 227 BHA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Findon Valley, Worthing
      Posts
      2,785


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      @Bozza

      How was Pitch??
      Is what we’re all dying to know! 😉
    • #386
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      46,662


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thedonkeycentrehalf View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Probably still much cheaper than @Herr Tubthumper 's recent effort of Cin Cin pre match and Fourth & Church post match.

      For some reason he turned down my offer of the Station pizza wagon after the City game. Not sure his budget goes as £7 for a whole pizza.
      Ha. The price of the two meals was well south of 200. Less than a hundred infact. Both are reasonably priced for the standard of food imho; excellent value.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #387
      Sanity Clause vegster's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Posts
      19,854


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 227 BHA View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is what we’re all dying to know! ��
      It's got to be " brilliant " otherwise he's spaffed a huge wad for nothing.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

      " Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
    • #388
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      11,144


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It is expensive but there are plenty of people who can afford it and will pay that for a bit of reflected glory for eating there. The lad is only making the most of his fame while he can so fair play to him, there will be another MasterChef winner along shortly.
      Yep thats true enough, it's all about what you enjoy in life l guess, and as you say, if you have the disposdable income then why not go for it?

      I can remember when a previous Masterchef winner, Stephen Edwards, then head chef at a 'hostelry' local to me, South Lodge at Lower Beeding, opened his first venture, Etch. Good on him, l hope he continues to do well.

      Unfortunately I won't be joining him, I prefer better value for money.
    • #389
      Sanity Clause vegster's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Posts
      19,854


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yep thats true enough, it's all about what you enjoy in life l guess, and as you say, if you have the disposdable income then why not go for it?

      I can remember when a previous Masterchef winner, Stephen Edwards, then head chef at a 'hostelry' local to me, South Lodge at Lower Beeding, opened his first venture, Etch. Good on him, l hope he continues to do well.

      Unfortunately I won't be joining him, I prefer better value for money.
      You cut your cloth as you see fit, I won't be partaking either. Its a very sad country when we have children starving and living in poverty yet places like this exist.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

      " Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
    • #390

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ha. The price of the two meals was well south of 200. Less than a hundred infact. Both are reasonably priced for the standard of food imho; excellent value.
      I somehow feel that you may be omitting the cost of drinks from your total bill
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •