Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Restaurant 2019 Thread

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Not technically a restaurant but quite noteworthy is that the Chinese takeaway called Tasty at Fiveways is extremely serviceable. I am not a fan of Chinese food as a rule as it’s usually too greasy but this was really good as worth a go. They don’t have a card machine or anything so watch out for that but the two lady cooks seem to know exactly what they are doing and it’s excellent value too.
Just tried this place, like you not a great fan of Chinese food, but can confirm that it lives up to your write up. Excellent. They deliver too.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Roundhill pub just south of Fiveways has reopened as a vegetarian and Vegan restaurant. Had an excellent Sunday lunch, great atmosphere, packed out and great choice of ales including Harvey’s best.

I live just round the corner but haven't been yet. Interestingly it's been rammed pretty much since they opened so they must be doing something right.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Worth a go, though he's definitely got added a Great British Menu premium to his prices, unless the dishes have got bigger.

[tweet]1082984104637931520[/tweet]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Tides Pizzeria - Shoreham Beach

Family meal so 6 of us and I think this opened last November.

Starters - dough ball, Cheesy Garlic Bread and I had Olives and feta cheese with mains of pizzas of various kinds.

Pretty decent all round, good food and service

9/10

Jul 7, 2003
Not a review but as someone who has to travel on business, there to be a trend now for smaller restaurants to open Wednesday to Sunday these days - even in the larger cities. Makes trying to find decent food early in the week more difficult. Anyone else encountered this?

If anyone can recommend somewhere for Plymouth tomorrow night or Sheffield on Tuesday night would be appreciated.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not a review but as someone who has to travel on business, there to be a trend now for smaller restaurants to open Wednesday to Sunday these days - even in the larger cities. Makes trying to find decent food early in the week more difficult. Anyone else encountered this?

If anyone can recommend somewhere for Plymouth tomorrow night or Sheffield on Tuesday night would be appreciated.

Bloody hell, Plymouth to Sheffield your company don't like you much...:D

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone tried Brighton Bier Haus on the Hill yet?

The roasts look ace, so tempted to go next week

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

On the flip side, the ones that do stay open, tend to entice customers with good deals. I’ll be eating on expenses which are pretty modest but I tend to eat ok once you know where the value in the city is.

Jul 7, 2003
Bloody hell, Plymouth to Sheffield your company don't like you much...:D

It's actually worse. Worthing to Plymouth early tomorrow morning, Plymouth to Sheffield Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday is actually in Doncaster but thought Sheffield would be a better bet than a Tuesday night in Donny! Next month is better though as I get a few days in Berlin and a chance to have a beer and some food with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's actually worse. Worthing to Plymouth early tomorrow morning, Plymouth to Sheffield Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday is actually in Doncaster but thought Sheffield would be a better bet than a Tuesday night in Donny! Next month is better though as I get a few days in Berlin and a chance to have a beer and some food with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]

:thumbsup: I’ll get my thinking cap on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Please please promise me you two will opt for a nice bratwurst and sauerkraut, NOT a burger, however 'gourmet' it may be! . . . please, pretty please? :clap2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Hi all, just a quick one to see if anyone has any tips? Looking for a vege-friendly place in the North Laines area 'ish for a 3rd date pre flicks, so pretty relaxed, but nice atmosphere, food etc. Any tips much appreciated, thought I'd check with the experts here before I do my head in on google! Cheers!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hi all, just a quick one to see if anyone has any tips? Looking for a vege-friendly place in the North Laines area 'ish for a 3rd date pre flicks, so pretty relaxed, but nice atmosphere, food etc. Any tips much appreciated, thought I'd check with the experts here before I do my head in on google! Cheers!

Cin Cin

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm not entirely sure Cin Cin is going to give a huge veggie choice ..... the Hove one certainly was limited. I'd head to the Lanes and Food for Friends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here