Page 1 of 63 12341151 ... LastLast
    Members

Restaurant 2019 Thread

2 Not allowed!
    HNY

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Looking forward to hopefully find some new places to try again this year on here. Keep up the good work

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      HNY
      Good man
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Well, I'm up to London today, hoping for some additional evening cheer. Will check out Market Halls for lunch, see:

https://www.theguardian.com/food/201...iew-grace-dent

... this is an interesting development, and might just prove a decent way of reviving the flagging high street. We like eating out, eating decent, interesting food, and doing so relatively cheaply, so gathering together lots of like-minded providers in one place is a good idea. Borough Market has served as a great template. Will eat dinner in the Howling Hops Brewery and Tank Bar, near Hackney Wick tube before the game.

0 Not allowed!
      January’s looking like a decent month - Sat Baines, Matt Healey’s place in (dirty) Leeds, Sushi Tetsu, Indian cooking course at River Cottage, followed by something in the evening somewhere around Axminster/Lyme Regis (any suggestions?), The Sportsman, and Pearl Liang.
      2A. K2-18b
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post
      January’s looking like a decent month - Sat Baines, Matt Healey’s place in (dirty) Leeds, Sushi Tetsu, Indian cooking course at River Cottage, followed by something in the evening somewhere around Axminster/Lyme Regis (any suggestions?), The Sportsman, and Pearl Liang.
      It's tough at the top then, eh.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Well, I'm up to London today, hoping for some additional evening cheer. Will check out Market Halls for lunch, see:

https://www.theguardian.com/food/201...iew-grace-dent

... this is an interesting development, and might just prove a decent way of reviving the flagging high street. We like eating out, eating decent, interesting food, and doing so relatively cheaply, so gathering together lots of like-minded providers in one place is a good idea. Borough Market has served as a great template. Will eat dinner in the Howling Hops Brewery and Tank Bar, near Hackney Wick tube before the game.
      Market Halls is a gem. Bang opposite Victoria station, it provides a welcome addition to an erstwhile cultural desert. I wanted to eat at virtually every outlet there, but settled for the Roti place (had with dhal). Delicious. We arrived in there at about 11.50, and wondered around to see what was going on, and were first in the queue when the Roti place opened, within five minutes there were ten waiting in line. It's going to be a great quick eat on the way back from games.
      One of these in central Brighton please.

1 Not allowed!
      Market Halls is a gem. Bang opposite Victoria station, it provides a welcome addition to an erstwhile cultural desert. I wanted to eat at virtually every outlet there, but settled for the Roti place (had with dhal). Delicious. We arrived in there at about 11.50, and wondered around to see what was going on, and were first in the queue when the Roti place opened, within five minutes there were ten waiting in line. It's going to be a great quick eat on the way back from games.
      One of these in central Brighton please.
      I went to a similar-ish place in Elephant and Castle just before Xmas. http://www.mercatometropolitano.co.uk
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post
      Indian cooking course at River Cottage,
      #Envy !!!!

Although I'm away next weekend at Ockenden Manor ..... can't wait for dinner. Sportsman booked for Easter.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      First port of call is looking like 7-Bone, been meaning to go for a while.

Has a 5 Guys last night at that Westfield place by the ground, not bad but very expensive for what it was in my view.
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !