Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Cost of football really is a joke

13 Not allowed!
    Fans now having to pay to be a mascot?

I am sure its been talked about on here before but £350 to be one at Brighton, with all this money sloshing around why charge?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46526716

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Couldn't agree more, Bournemouth charge similar but their price doesn't even include a matchday ticket!
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      It’s OK. Sunderland fans season after season regularly buy replica kits and look like clowns. No one is losing their shit about that.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      If it puts a smile on your child's face then that's priceless.
      Yes it's a lot of money but while there is a demand it wont change.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Van Winkle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It’s OK. Sunderland fans season after season regularly buy replica kits and look like clowns. No one is losing their shit about that.
      I thought all clubs have that?

Think you are also missing the point as with a shirt there is a least a cost to making it, as a mascot what is the cost (other than maybe a full kit - say £80 for kids?)

That matchday ticket one is really bad of Bournemouth
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

40 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wakeytom View Post
      Fans now having to pay to be a mascot?

I am sure its been talked about on here before but £350 to be one at Brighton, with all this money sloshing around why charge?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46526716
      Firstly that price is for the captain's mascot. The other packages at Brighton are cheaper.

Secondly my son was a mascot against Leicester this season. I paid for it and I'm not ashamed. To say he had the day of his life is an understatement, He's barely come down off the ceiling. He got to walk out with Davy Propper, do a warm up routine, have photos absolutely everywhere (I was behind the away dug out till 30 seconds before kick off) and we had excellent seats for the game, Murray scored at our end and ran to the mascots. The girls who looked after the mascots and parents were excellent. In fact I cannot praise the club enough, they were amazing.

This cost us £225. Now it would be vulgar to post that if I was bragging but I post it for comparison. Consider he got full kit (I guess over £50 retail), we both got seats in the West Lower (let's say around £50) and it's really £125. A birthday party at a bowling alley or Lazer Zone costs MUCH more than that.

All together it's outstanding value.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

11 Not allowed!
      Well done to the clubs that do not charge.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Firstly that price is for the captain's mascot. The other packages at Brighton are cheaper.

Secondly my son was a mascot against Leicester this season. I paid for it and I'm not ashamed. To say he had the day of his life is an understatement, He's barely come down off the ceiling. He got to walk out with Davy Propper, do a warm up routine, have photos absolutely everywhere (I was behind the away dug out till 30 seconds before kick off) and we had excellent seats for the game, Murray scored at our end and ran to the mascots. The girls who looked after the mascots and parents were excellent. In fact I cannot praise the club enough, they were amazing.

This cost us £225. Now it would be vulgar to post that if I was bragging but I post it for comparison. Consider he got full kit (I guess over £50 retail), we both got seats in the West Lower (let's say around £50) and it's really £125. A birthday party at a bowling alley or Lazer Zone costs MUCH more than that.

Done the same for my lad against Huddersfield. You both get food too I believe.
      First REMF goalscorer - EVER
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

2 Not allowed!

Well put. Seems pretty reasonable for such a fantastic experience.

4 Not allowed!

But why should they charge the £125? I think that's my point. Clubs should be encouraging kids (and in reality parents) to attend which this to me is the issue.

Also dont get me wrong for a kid I bet it is a marvellous experience.

Out of interest if you were/are a STH would they reduce the price as you had a ticket already?