Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Dry January [and beyond...]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’ve just been given a diagnosis of PSC which is a chronic liver condition which affects the bile ducts. From the moment I had the first tests I’ve stopped drinking. It’s hasn’t been as hard as I thought - plenty of good NA beers, wine I can generally live without, I have missed a G&T though. My consultant has said the condition isn’t caused by alcohol but that it would be sensible to avoid doing something else which has the potential to damage my liver. So, It’s tea and water at the football and there will always be someone to drive on a night out.

Good luck. I stopped drinking nearly 100 days ago after watching the Adrian Chiles documentary and feeling very uncomfortable with the mirror that was being held up to me. On the whole I have found it relatively easy which surprised me massively. I won’t pretend I don’t miss a few cold beers on a Saturday night but the urge soon passes now. I must admit I have been massively tempted the last day or so to have ‘just one’ but So far I have managed to resist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here