Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Friday...............2 pints of Harveys for lunch, two pints of Bishops Finger with evening meal so it's going well here
    I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Iím still going- the Alcohol Experiment emails and videos are helpful as is the book ĎThis Naked Mindí by the same person- may have to give that a second read.

Confident of keeping going through Jan and at the moment not sure I want to go back to drinking as things seem better on this side of the fence..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I'm still going. . . Have tried loads of alcohol free beers, and a few ciders/wines. Some bad, some pretty good, infinite session is quite nice! Can't say I'm missing the too pissed bit after a bad day, or the groggy bit. . . Although I need something to drink of an evening, that's habitual I guess, although consumption of liquids has more than halved!

The real challenge will be when to re start and how to sensibly manage it . . . After 30 years a very regular habitual evening drinker. . . Am thinking beer only in the pub and wine at home only with dinner. . . I never used to drink at home, but then before children I used to go out whenever I was thirsty!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      No wine? That would constitute a pretty dry day compared to my December intake!

Quote Originally Posted by Worried Man Blues View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Friday...............2 pints of Harveys for lunch, two pints of Bishops Finger with evening meal so it's going well here
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Wet January is going excellently so far

Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Hemed, Towell ( 1 further year option ).

3 Not allowed!
      Iím still hanging in there! Was really tempted today but resisted! good to know other people on here are with me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
      Day 5 of a diet which allows me two to three drinks a day, wee ones. Saturday evening TV really is sh!t isn't it? No amount of alcohol , apart from a total coma inducing volume, would make me think Michael McIntyre was remotely funny...he is certainly up there with Alexandr Armstrong as BFOT! That's Biggest Fud On Television.....
      Just got to sit and look at Tipping Point..the book by Malcolm Caldwell and not the TV show which I find OK.

Ho hum....and we lost to the Hubcapstealers Collective.........

pour me a whiskey Fred......

TNBA

TTF

6 Not allowed!
      Today was a Dry January revelation...

I didnít have to leave my seat at 40 mins to get a beer in quick.

I saved around £18 in beers.

And as my attitude towards my weight hadnít been relaxed by said beer consumption I didnít buy a burger and pie.

So Dry January saved me around £25 and 2000 calories.

I spent £1.80 on a Bovril.

Winning!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
      I'm still going. . . Have tried loads of alcohol free beers, and a few ciders/wines. Some bad, some pretty good, infinite session is quite nice! Can't say I'm missing the too pissed bit after a bad day, or the groggy bit. . . Although I need something to drink of an evening, that's habitual I guess, although consumption of liquids has more than halved!

The real challenge will be when to re start and how to sensibly manage it . . . After 30 years a very regular habitual evening drinker. . . Am thinking beer only in the pub and wine at home only with dinner. . . I never used to drink at home, but then before children I used to go out whenever I was thirsty!
      I think a lot of us are with you on the restarting date. I'm not sure I want to restart - but also unsure about announcing that "I'll never drink again". Maybe I just won't drink and that's just what it is until it isn't?

I'm also unsure about alcohol free booze. It seems too close to home in some way. A gateway back to real beer perhaps? So far, I've avoided that. Another thing to reflect on I suppose.

I do appreciate you folks sharing your experiences though - it helps.
      Mon nez est parfait! Knocky's Nose's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Couldn't Be Hyypia View Post
      I'm also unsure about alcohol free booze. It seems too close to home in some way. A gateway back to real beer perhaps?
      Strange you should say that - as that's what Mrs Nose said when I rocked up with a six pack of 'Heineken 0,0' the other day (which, hilariously says on the bottom of the packaging 'enjoy Heineken 0,0 responsibly' )

Anyway... I actually really liked the taste of different (alcohol filled) beers, wines and spirits. Such variety! I like lager, so I'm happy enough drinking the Alcohol Free stuff alongside my fruit juices and coffee. It doesn't taste too bad once you get used to it, and the Heineken stuff is palatable enough. I bought some of the Budweiser alcohol free stuff on the way home from the game and it's okay. Not great, just okay.

The thing with this AF month (or more) is the fact I'm bringing in a variety of substitutes for alcoholic drinks (and versions of) which keeps it interesting. I do not miss the groggy, foggy morning head - and feeling detached during the day. A few hours of feeling a bit pleasantly spaced in the evening isn't a fair swap for a full day of feeling like my brain is floating in a jar of used engine oil....

Day 12 now, and I'm starting to enjoy it. I used to hate people typing crap like this when I was drinking - but only because I wished I had the nuts to walk a mile in their shoes and do it. If you're on the fence, just try this for shits and giggles. You can go back to drinking after 30 days if you want - but at least you'll be able to say with some authority "I know what it's like, and I know how it feels to not drink".
      Ce Qui Donne?