Crawley
Great album and that song is quality Mike

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Just heard sorry if fixtures.
Liked Dr Hook back in the 70’s.
Good distinctive voice.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UPrixYOTNHw

They were a great band - I've seen them many times but the common misconception is that Ray was the the lead singer. He sung lead on a few but the Main Man was Dennis Locorriere - who has been living in the Worthing area for the last 20 years or so and still tours.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Great band and seen them many times, always highly entertaining full of stories and wit. Funny enough orginated in New Jersey. R.I.P.
The wit and charm of the lyrics by Shel Silverstein on the album Bankrupt still makes it a favourite after all these years for me.

Last edited:

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Great band and seen them many times, always highly entertaining full of stories and wit. Funny enough orginated in New Jersey. R.I.P.
The wit and charm of the lyrics by Shel Silverstein on the album Bankrupt still makes it a favourite after all these years for me.

Also, Nitram, O/T but your avatar brings back memories of seeing my first ever live band - Hawkwind Space Ritual Tour at the Top Rank. Perhaps more memorably it was the first time this 13 year old got to see lady bits in the flesh. Good old Stacia!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Also, Nitram, O/T but your avatar brings back memories of seeing my first ever live band - Hawkwind Space Ritual Tour at the Top Rank. Perhaps more memorably it was the first time this 13 year old got to see lady bits in the flesh. Good old Stacia!
I saw that tour but in Worthing, still got the album and memories!

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
They were a great band - I've seen them many times but the common misconception is that Ray was the the lead singer. He sung lead on a few but the Main Man was Dennis Locorriere - who has been living in the Worthing area for the last 20 years or so and still tours.

My all time favourite band, had the pleasure of meeting Dennis at the Brook in Southampton, and speaking to him for about 5mins on a late night chat show.
Ray was a great character and responsible for forming Dr Hook.
Shel Silverstein, what more can one say, great music and great lyrics, it was good to see him on that video.
He wrote so many other great songs, The Ballard of Lucy Jordan, Queen of the silver dollar etc, if you want to catch his humour then listen to the Freakers Ball.
Dennis and Ray fell out, but I know he had a great affection for him and will sorely miss him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here