Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] New Year's Eve tradition

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As we are old and have no friends, the mrs and I now head out to the flix at the marina on a New Year's Eve as a date night.

Anyway, just come back from the flix and we saw Mary Poppins Returns.

What a brilliant film that was. Even to a 60 year old who remembers the original as my kids watched it millions of times, I found it enchanting and the acting by everyone really was brilliant. Yes it isn't a film that you need to think about, but the musical numbers were great and Julie Walters steals the show every time she appears, but all in all it was brilliant.

If you have grandkids take them...you won't be disappointed.

Went for a drink in 'spoons afterwards too.

Marvellous scenes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As we are old and have no friends, the mrs and I now head out to the flix at the marina on a New Year's Eve as a date night.

Anyway, just come back from the flix and we saw Mary Poppins Returns.

What a brilliant film that was. Even to a 60 year old who remembers the original as my kids watched it millions of times, I found it enchanting and the acting by everyone really was brilliant. Yes it isn't a film that you need to think about, but the musical numbers were great and Julie Walters steals the show every time she appears, but all in all it was brilliant.

If you have grandkids take them...you won't be disappointed.

Went for a drink in 'spoons afterwards too.

Marvellous scenes.
If only I'd known, you could have taken a bullet for me and took Mrs V!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I’m glad you enjoyed it. I’ve just come back from watching it, and thought quite the opposite. The only redeeming feature was seeing how sprightly Dick Van Dyk is at 90-odd.

DavePage

first foot tray

Just going out at 7.00 so Happy New Year to all over there and not over there for that matter.
Our English pub closed today for the first time since we arrived, so it's a Canadian New Year this Year.
End result the same, just a bit later

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I’m glad you enjoyed it. I’ve just come back from watching it, and thought quite the opposite. The only redeeming feature was seeing how sprightly Dick Van Dyk is at 90-odd.

Yes he certainly looked spiritedly...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Agreed. Loved it. Don't think they could have done a better job personally. And can't think of a better thing to do on New Years Eve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here