Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lawrenson predicts another 2-0 defeat

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
for the Albion against West Ham.

Did I imagine it or are we 13 or 14 points better off than his predictions so far this season?

Look forward to his prediction for our game against Liverpool. I’m going for 0-5 :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did he support the strength of his opinion with any 'odds'???

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Never bother with his predictions anymore. Let me guess without even looking:

Us to lose.

Chelsea/Liverpool/United/City all to win to nil.

Perhaps plucky Bournemouth to pick up a point.

Yawn.

Edit: Just looked at the full predictions. Nailed it (except Liverpool/City who both can’t win to nil).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Read the full prediction here
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46721697

He got 6 correct results and a correct score for the last set of 10 Prem League fixtures.
He's 14 points out for Brighton this season. Predicted 11 points - we have 25.
Has only predicted we'd win 2 games this season.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh the humanity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Read the full prediction here
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46721697

He got 6 correct results and a correct score for the last set of 10 Prem League fixtures.
He's 14 points out for Brighton this season. Predicted 11 points - we have 25.
Has only predicted we'd win 2 games this season.

Well at least he mentions his connection to us :smile:

West Ham v Brighton

I think the Hammers will get back to winning ways against Brighton.

As much as I love my old team, they never look like taking sides apart away from home. I'm pretty sure Chris Hughton's men won't get relegated because their form at the Amex Stadium is very, very good.

I heard West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini's comments about the scheduling during the festive period - if that's a problem then he shouldn't have taken the job.

You know at the start of the season it's manic at Christmas and New Year. The Chilean wasn't complaining when his side were on a run of four wins on the bounce.

This period is why the league is so good. It's never going to change unless they bring in a winter break.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well at least he mentions his connection to us :smile:

West Ham v Brighton

I think the Hammers will get back to winning ways against Brighton.

As much as I love my old team, they never look like taking sides apart away from home. I'm pretty sure Chris Hughton's men won't get relegated because their form at the Amex Stadium is very, very good.

I heard West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini's comments about the scheduling during the festive period - if that's a problem then he shouldn't have taken the job.

You know at the start of the season it's manic at Christmas and New Year. The Chilean wasn't complaining when his side were on a run of four wins on the bounce.

This period is why the league is so good. It's never going to change unless they bring in a winter break.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Said we were going to lose 2/0 to Everton......what happened :O

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair, to a neutral looking at 11th at home to 13th, with 13th having a very poor away record, a 2-0 home win isn't an unlikely prediction. To us, of course, who are biased, it's very different!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2-0 is not a totally outrageous prediction.

I think we can come back with a point or 3, but maybe he'll be more right than me.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair, after a great stint here, then moving on to Liverpool and winning league titles and a European cup, you can understand him thinking of us as just the club that was a stepping stone to greater things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here