Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Dambusters . Channel 4

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
This old chestnut yet again. I'll put my old fart hat on and say that it was fashionable in the 20's through to the early 60's to call any totally black dog or cat even by the ever so dreadful "N" word. No one was offended then it's only the sandal wearing tree hugging oiks that have made it oh so dreadful.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Just watch the film on ITV then they always over-ride it with 'digger'

A much delayed remake directed by Peter Jackson is currently in the production pipeline. According to certain sources the dog will indeed be renamed "Digger".

As far as i"m aware both Barnes Wallace and Guy Gibson's names remain true to the original although I would have thought the names Buck and Gavin would have more of a modern ring and appeal more to the American market.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Racists.

Anyway. Guten Rutsch.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Black people in America quite often call each other that name. Taking it away from the original meaning I guess.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the yanks call us limeys

but I still buy the odd citron vert

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Just watched Equaliser 2 and the N word was used plenty of times between coloured chaps and that in a 2018 film......

Different spelling and ends with an "a" rather than an "er"! Appears to be acceptable in those circumstances though. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here