Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odds to win at home

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Bet 365 are offering 10/1 for us to beat Liverpool on Saturday.

Could these be the longest odds we have ever been for a home league fixture?

I can fully understand why we would be long priced to beat the likely champions but 10/1 is MASSIVE!

Anyone going to be tempted?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
untitled.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really hope we lose v West Ham.

I'm beginning to get somewhat, and very out of character, excited about the game and even a little confident about catching Liverpool cold.

I need bringing back down to earth before I start looking at how we match up against them and what weaknesses we can exploit. :lolol: :facepalm:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We're more likely to beat Liverpool than we were to beat that Man City team. We've improved hugely since then and the opposition standard is broadly comparable.

Just how good would the post game beer taste knowing it was fully bookie funded. OK I'll do a fiver

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They were the best team I watched at the Amex last season and they weren't even in the title race.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
10/1 suggests that if we play them 10 times we will win one of those games. We have played them 3 times in the last 2 seasons and lost all 3. So, we should be able to beat them once in the next 7 games and that game might be imminent.

Either that or the odds should be 20/1 or more...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
10/1 suggests that if we play them 10 times we will win one of those games. We have played them 3 times in the last 2 seasons and lost all 3. So, we should be able to beat them once in the next 7 games and that game might be imminent.

The Chase threw up a good question the other day. I remember it well, went and watched it. Only team to score three own goals in FA Cup history. We actually won 4-3.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They were the best team I watched at the Amex last season and they weren't even in the title race.

Yeah but they’ve lost the best player to ever grace the Amex...Coutinho. I’ll be having a small wager, this is exactly the type of game in which the Albion can surprise...having said that my last bet was 20/1 to beat City away earlier this season :rolleyes:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

That’s not how maths works.

If you roll a dice and land a 6, that doesn’t make rolling 1 to 5 more likely on your next throw.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I realise that which is why I said suggests.

My Albion mojo is high at the moment and trying to keep it that way by thinking that we might beat both sets of scousers! �� after we beaten wet sham and bournemuff. ��

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yeah but they’ve lost the best player to ever grace the Amex...Coutinho. I’ll be having a small wager, this is exactly the type of game in which the Albion can surprise...having said that my last bet was 20/1 to beat City away earlier this season :rolleyes:
Haha you're living in dream world.

Everton and arsenal are frankly awful at the moment. Great to compete with overrated teams like that but Liverpool are on another stratosphere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haha you're living in dream world.

Everton and arsenal are frankly awful at the moment. Great to compete with overrated teams like that but Liverpool are on another stratosphere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I support the Albion of course I live in dreamland. We ARE living the dream aren’t we?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s not how maths works.

If you roll a dice and land a 6, that doesn’t make rolling 1 to 5 more likely on your next throw.

Exactly.

If you have 6 throws, the odds of getting any one of the numbers overall is 6/6. If you have 5 throws, the odds are 5/6. If you have 6 throws, the odds of getting a 6 with the first throw is 1/6. Same with the second to sixth throw. Regardless of whether you throw a 6 or not with your first throw, the odds of throwing a 6 with your second throw is still 1/6.

Its amazing how many eejits just can't see this. Some actually 'think' that if you throw a die 5 times and the 6 hasn't come up, the odds of it coming up next throw is evens. If gambling were that easy we'd all be minted. You have to bet on all 6 throws, from before the first throw, to get the evens odds, and not wait till 5 'no 6s' have been thrown then pile in.

And if you do bet on 'at least one 6 in 6 throws' the odds of winning your bet diminish with each throw that fails to get a 6 - they don't increase. With your last throw the odds overall will have fallen from 6/6 to 1/6.

ps, also the odds given for the results of an individual football match reflect how confident the bookmaker is that you will lose your money, not the actual odds of a particular outcome. And finally, you should always factor in the following. Ahem:

Football is a Funny Old Game.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here