Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy Chris Hughton Day

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Four years today since he joined us when we were in the lower reaches of the Championship.

He's not done badly, has he?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i honestly think he has grown into a manager that his players will run through brick walls for ........which is something every manager aspires to , his steadiness and patience is really starting to come to fruition and i think him and TB are a pairing that a lot of clubs should be envious of.......HNY everyone.....:thumbsup: :drink:

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The thing that I have liked in recent times is even CH is willing to learn and adapt to different situations ... he has always said 4-4-1-1 & 4-4-2 are his formations of choice so to adapt to the hybrid 4-3-3 and start to show more progression towards a pressing style just shows he has a open mind as well as that cool persona

First 4 years have been an incredible journey , lets look forward and see what can be achieved in the next 4 and if half as good as the past 4 will be outstanding.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Happy Fourth Anniversary Chris Hughton

Chris Hughton became our manager. What a journey it has been.
Fighting relegation, nearly coming top two, heartbreak, more heartbreak in the playoffs, promotion, and now consolidation in the richest league in the world.

Raise a glass today and toast Chris Hughton, and may there be many more. :drink::albion2:

Sorry Frutos, I did try & see if there was already a thread

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Best manager the club's had. Here's to many more years.

He only needs one thread though :wink:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The man deserves a regular chant. He's our best ever manager, kept us up initially and then took us up and kept us here. The man is the absolute don and represents our club magnificently.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Apart from his exemplary football management skills, he is just a thoroughly decent man, respected throughout the game, and beyond.
We won the lottery, 4 years ago today.

el punal

My cherished memory is meeting Chris outside Griffin Park before playing Brentford in the FA Cup - his first Albion game in charge.

“Hello Chris, welcome to the Albion and best of luck.” I gushed.

“Thank you very much.” replied football’s perfect gentleman as he shook my hand. :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I would have gone for a tried and tested English manager like Roy or big sam.

Bloody Irish coming over here, being loved for being a genius.

Soon we will get brexit and he will be deported along with the rest of them and the better for it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Going back four years, can't be arsed to search, what was NSC looking at for a new manager? Was there a collective for CH, was someone else on the radar? What were the rumours of the day? Oh and happy Hughton day.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wanted CH before we got Sami, There were rumours we approached him, but, something wasn’t right (Burke?) so, TB took a punt on Sami, thankfully he came on the second time of asking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here