Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] New telly

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Hi.....Got a new tv that wont let me search for channels as part of the setup through virgin box, i don't have an aerial, any clues
Cheers

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hit it on the top on the left hand side with a clenched fist. It’s worked on several of mine.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Virgin box will connect to the hdmi 1 port on the telly via an hd lead, then select the source 'HDMI 1' on the TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Hi.....Got a new tv that wont let me search for channels as part of the setup through virgin box, i don't have an aerial, any clues
Cheers

If you have a Virgin Media box, then you connect the unit to the TV via HDMI. If it can't find the VM box then you either have connected it to the wrong port or have a faulty cable (assuming the VM box used to work okay).

If you are trying to find freeview channels through the VM box then it won't happen - you still need an aerial to get those (although most are available on the standard VM package anyway).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have you tried using an old metal coat-hanger as an ariel?
Worked a treat for my Cortina, mind that was radio, is there a difference?

That takes me back to my Morris Marina days. What shape did you go for with the hanger. Always tried the heart shaped with mine what with the Marina being such a ‘love wagon.’

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
That takes me back to my Morris Marina days. What shape did you go for with the hanger. Always tried the heart shaped with mine what with the Marina being such a ‘love wagon.’

Just the standard diamond for me on my Austin 1100

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here