Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Band Stand Roof

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
We had a fantastic SKA band playing there yesterday afternoon :clap2:

I agree, the Band Stand needs an upgrade, it should be much more of a platform to tempt more bands etc. to play there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We had a fantastic SKA band playing there yesterday afternoon :clap2:

I agree, the Band Stand needs an upgrade, it should be much more of a platform to tempt more bands etc. to play there.

I missed that as got there too late to see them

The gangsters wasn't it? Seen them a couple of times ....brilliant ska band, not just a madness tribute band.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I missed that as got there too late to see them

The gangsters wasn't it? Seen them a couple of times ....brilliant ska band, not just a madness tribute band.

They were very good

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yeah I like the Gangsters too. I missed them yesterday, but they have played there before I think?

Gangsters for my 40th.....do you remember Mouldy Boots? Also saw them in concert in Storrington of all places. Excellent band.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Yep looks rubbish. Either needs replacing with something permanent or got rid. Just looks a mess.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Needs a roof and toilets.
So much scope to make money. Put in more stalls selling more stuff with more entertainment and shorter queues.
And toilets, nice clean toilets.
Got in early Saturday by coach and so walked down and the area was packed but you had to queue for chips then queue for burger and then queue for drinks. Crazy.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So much scope to make money. Put in more stalls selling more stuff with more entertainment and shorter queues.
Got in early Saturday by coach and so walked down and the area was packed but you had to queue for chips then queue for burger and then queue for drinks. Crazy.

Agree, few more stalls and some toilets would be ideal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes. Time to start thinking about making the stadium surrounds iconic. It could be amazing. I bet Tony wants us to become a global phenomenon. Just let's see the ability to recruit improve a bit (will be inevitable if we keep up . . . time is key), and celebrate lots more magical wins against the glitterati, watched worldwide, fill the coffers, calibrate the cash flow, then boom.

Incidentally I was in a posh village in Sussex this afternoon, and there was a group of nice people at a table in a posh pub discussing at great length The Albion, how to get a ticket, blah blah. Lead chatterer, aged about 60, was obvs a STH, and the Piper at he the Gates of Dawn as a consequence. Unthinkable at any time in the past. FACT.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Agree, a bandstand roof is sorely needed, outside toilets would prove very useful too, and avoid the need to have to queue to get into Dick's and use the facilities there if it is before the concourses open.

All of the outside stands are run by independent caterers, and as l understand it the club are loathe to license any more as they would take away the percentage of profit they receive from their partners Sodexo who run the catering units inside the stadium. Presumably the club are happy for fans to go hungry until the concourses open and then they can purchase food and drink from Sodexo.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure it did have a canvas roof when it was first installed but the wind got under and ripped it off, and has never been replaced.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

...and toilets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here