Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

Andy Madley today’s ref

10 Not allowed!
    Only a handful of games in the premier league but I thought he was one of the better refs I’ve seen at the Amex (and not just because we won)

What think you

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      In thought so to, not sure what Warnock was going on about the other week
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

1 Not allowed!
      Luckily I have been to the last two home games and thought the ref today was very good overall. They got the most important decision right, let play continue for Solly when the Everton player was feigning injury and wasn’t overtly card happy
      I want to know why an Orange is an Orange, but a Lime’s not a “Green”
      I want to know how a blind man knows if his arse is clean
      Do I really want to know where all my money’s been?
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

4 Not allowed!
      He was already heading toward his lino before our players started remonstrating with him about the goal. He knew it was a good goal, and got that spot on.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      PROD with the PROD

0 Not allowed!
      I watch a LOT of football and have seen a LOT of Andy Madley via matches on Sky throughout his ascent through the football leagues.

Had a good game today, I thought. No major criticisms. Managed the game well, always up with play and physically fit. Didn’t make a drama out of anything.
      One question though - I thought the linesman gave the offside, not the ref? I haven’t seen a lot of angles. So when he went over for his Russian linesman decision - the Lino was definitive it was a goal. So why did his flag shoot straight up?

I actually think it was the other way around and the ref overruled Lino although this seems to be dissenting.

While we’re on refs, I like when we have have Michael Oliver and in particular Chris Kavanagh who I recognise as the best ref in the league.

Mini rant - not safe for knuckle-draggers: Kavanagh has called off a game here, sent off at least one player of ours, we don’t always win when he’s on etc. Despite this he’s still my preferred ref. This is because I don’t, short of a disasterpiece, attribute our result/performance alongside the referee.
      My vision is augmented.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jcdenton08 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      One question though - I thought the linesman gave the offside, not the ref? I haven’t seen a lot of angles. So when he went over for his Russian linesman decision - the Lino was definitive it was a goal. So why did his flag shoot straight up?

I actually think it was the other way around and the ref overruled Lino although this seems to be dissenting.

Actually I think the ref said it hit an Everton player, did you see that and was it part of your decision. Linesman said he saw the offside but not the ball hitting the Everton player and they went with it.

Must have been at least 10 players between the linesman and the ball so actually good positioning from Madley to cover it
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

0 Not allowed!
      Said it in another thread. Let the game flow. Didn’t fall for any silly play acting. A solid 9/10
      "The first 90 minutes of the match are the most important"
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jcdenton08 View Post
      I watch a LOT of football and have seen a LOT of Andy Madley via matches on Sky throughout his ascent through the football leagues.

Had a good game today, I thought. No major criticisms. Managed the game well, always up with play and physically fit. Didn’t make a drama out of anything.

My reading (having watched the MotD highlights) is that the lino saw both players in an offside position and instinctively raised his flag. The ref, seeing the flag go up had to double check because he was in a great position and saw that it was an Everton player who played the ball immediately. By the time the ref got to him, the lino had realised his mistake and quickly confirmed with the ref it was a good goal.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      PROD with the PROD

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Actually I think the ref said it hit an Everton player, did you see that and was it part of your decision. Linesman said he saw the offside but not the ball hitting the Everton player and they went with it.

Must have been at least 10 players between the linesman and the ball so actually good positioning from Madley to cover it
      This is as I suspect - pretty much every match report I’ve read has said the other way around. The ref gave offside but reversed after consulting with his linesman
      My vision is augmented.
      PROD with the PROD

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      My reading (having watched the MotD highlights) is that the lino saw both players in an offside position and instinctively raised his flag. The ref, seeing the flag go up had to double check because he was in a great position and saw that it was an Everton player who played the ball immediately. By the time the ref got to him, the lino had realised his mistake and quickly confirmed with the ref it was a good goal.
      Again, this.

Watching the game and brief replays is what I thought too, but the wording of match reports I spied after the game worded it in such a way to imply the Lino flagged to notify the ref his offside call was wrong - which would make no sense considering sightlines and view etc. Cheers
      My vision is augmented.