Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Theo Walcott

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Would be interested to hear NSCs views on his performance today? A lot of criticism of our wingers, and to be fair some is deserved, but given Everton paid £20m+ for his services, how did his showing compare to someone like Solly March?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He was woeful imo. Glad evrytime he got the ball as no threat. Bernardo had him in his pocket. Strange player - seems to accept mediocrity given his speed etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Unfair really as he was up against Brazil's best left back

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfair really as he was up against Brazil's best left back

Yep, any slating of Walcott is dismissing Bernie Inn what was a fantastic performance.

The other team is allowed to play, as well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
1_theo_meme.JPG

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He made a number of good runs off the ball which weren't picked out, his pace is electric and he looks keen. I think he's a great player but their tactics weren't even close to getting the best out of him. They were an odd mixture of being incredibly deep with 5 across the back line and cavalier by pressing really high up the pitch. I don't think the shape suits Walcott and he definitely wouldn't be a player for us in our system.

I would like to see someone with his pace in our side though, wasted as they might be. To skip off down the wing and stretch teams in the way that Locadia won't do because he wants to be inside the pitch and March can't do because he's remarkably slow, it's not his game and he starts basically from right back when we're looking to counter an attack.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In the bus queue for Mill Rd a few Everton fans were raving about Bernado and were asking questions about him

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Got to admit that he was the Everton player I was worried about at the start of the game. I had to keep checking to see if he was still on the pitch. Woeful performance, waste of money.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Walcott is a microcosm of Everton - frustratingly inconsistent.

Fair play to Wenger for getting £20 mill for the lad.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s always had incredible pace and occasionally a quality cameo for England (hatrick in Croatia) or Arsenal.

But unfortunately he can’t play head’s up football (awareness of team mates and an instant picture of the game in front of him).

Arsenal fans were as frustrated as Everton fans.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I must admit to the raising of a few titters when I shouted out after he had sliced the ball out for a corner to us, "Where you playing Walcott, Winger? Forward? Central defender? Or are you just shit?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I know I’d had a few beers, but I honestly didn’t realise he was even on the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Didn't notice him in the first half, and only realised he was playing in the 2nd half when he was more over my side of the pitch. Looked like he was back playing for Arsenal away from home in Wenger's later years

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not his day today Walcott. Sometimes that's the way it is for wingers away from home though. He's still a decent player

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
This is the opening two paragraphs from Evertons BHA v EFC match thread.

"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!!!

And finally our Annuruss Decemberus begins to turn, our 2nd away game finds Marcos banter merchants looking for a quick fire away win double. Of course 1 game doesnt mean everything is all good in the world, but it certainly helps right lads and lasses?

Personally I think these are in a very false position, fresh off the back of 3 defeats on the run and currently losing to Arsenal, can see them getting dragged into a scrap for safety near the end of the season, but thats enough about these utter no marks."

:lol::rave:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is the opening two paragraphs from Evertons BHA v EFC match thread.

"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!!!

And finally our Annuruss Decemberus begins to turn, our 2nd away game finds Marcos banter merchants looking for a quick fire away win double. Of course 1 game doesnt mean everything is all good in the world, but it certainly helps right lads and lasses?

Personally I think these are in a very false position, fresh off the back of 3 defeats on the run and currently losing to Arsenal, can see them getting dragged into a scrap for safety near the end of the season, but thats enough about these utter no marks."

:lol::rave:

This is the Premier League - when will these tossers ever learn?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
About Richarlison turning his own ankle,

"They mug off richarlison it's no call but we touch andone it's a foul".......

Because a foul is a foul and a fool is called Richarlison!:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here