Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Elderly Albion who fan collapsed in the West Upper toilets before the game today

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Very sad to see and not sure if anyone else saw this, but just prior to kick off in the men's toilets to the north side of the concourse, an elderly fellow Albion fan had collapsed unwell. He was conscious when I saw him and being attended to by paramedics and a doctor.

At half time however I asked a steward I passed who I saw was involved and was told it was sadly:

A suspected heart attack and he was taken by ambulance to the Royal Sussex. But............
......he was apparently gutted to have to miss the game, refused a stretcher or the lift and walked back down the stairs himself to the ambulance and he's okay.

:bowdown:

Whoever he was, get well soon, that 3 points was for him today and I hope he's back at The Amex to see the boys play soon.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yeah saw him standing unaided with the St Johns by him. Better safe than sorry in these situations. Still seems a nonsense that the more elderly with recognised conditions are not allowed to utilise the lift. All the Sky reporters do. Always peeps taking timeouts whilst climbing the stairs

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My mother is 85 and skips up the stairs (until the second one when she has to get her breath back).

D

Deleted member 2719

Hope he is fit and well soon, to be able to watch plenty more Albion games this season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Saw the aftermath of it and he seemed stood up and ok. Even joked about being 76 I think! Sod doing 100+ steps every game

Hope he’s on the mend

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here