Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Salah or Zaha

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think Salah is quite a bit more honest. If you could have either player in an Albion shirt which would you pick ?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Right decision in the Arsenal game, that was clumsy from Arsenal, Salah had every right to go down in that instance. Zaha on the other hand, is a diving ****.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If he’d been wearing stripes it would have been a pen all day long.
Which it was.
Hate diving and embarrassed if it is a Brighton player.

Salah wouldn't be playing this game if the authorities were consistent.

Great player but cheat. Sorry.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Look up, Lee, Francis.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Totally disagree. The only reason anyone has an issue with it is because it led to a penalty (and there was contact so it's hard to argue it wasn't a penalty really). The reality is that until the authorities deal with all forms of deception on all areas of the pitch, you can't ban someone like Salah for going down when he's had contact in both situations from behind.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Totally disagree. The only reason anyone has an issue with it is because it led to a penalty (and there was contact so it's hard to argue it wasn't a penalty really). The reality is that until the authorities deal with all forms of deception on all areas of the pitch, you can't ban someone like Salah for going down when he's had contact in both situations from behind.

"had contact"

It's a ridiculous modern football phrase invented by pundits, should be filed alongside "game time".

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
"had contact"

It's a ridiculous modern football phrase invented by pundits, should be filed alongside "game time".

The one today is a no brainer. Running at pace and having a kick on the back of the calf is never a dive and anyone that thinks it is has never played football.

I get what you're saying re the idea that contact means a foul. And personally I agree, but that simply isn't the interpretation of the rules in most Premier League games now. If you get kicked at all, pulled, pushed, anything with any contact and you have the right to go down and look for a foul on any part of the pitch. Players do it literally every game all over the pitch and don't get 2 game bans. So to suggest Salah should get 2 games for going down under such contact is just ridiculous. If you do that to Salah, you probably have to go back and give 2 games bans to 50 odd players from the same game week.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here