March 7
Stephens 8
Gross 6
Propper 8
Locadia 8

Andone 7

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bernardo for me was first class but it is very telling that players like Andone or Bissouma or Murray or Propper get picked and play well. And then are dropped tactically for a different type of opposition, there always seems for the most part that very few fans question team selection because whoever comes in seems to for the most part come in and do well - That's sign of a really improving squad.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Button 6 - Mixed bag but a couple of really good saves. Ryan is better but a clean sheet and a couple of good stops won't harm his confidence.

Montoya 7 - Excellent 1st half, had more questions asked in the 2nd period but did his job well in the main.
Dunk 9 - Someone needs to tell Richarlison its OK to come out of Dunk's pocket now. Aggressive, read the play well and dominated his man.
Duffy 8 - Threat in their area, commanding in ours
Bernardo 9 - Looks a real player, strong uses the ball well, gets up and down, whats not to like?

March 7 - Good game from Solly, crossing was as good as I've seen for some time.
Stephens 9 - Thought he was excellent today, winning the ball starting attacks, far more positive with the ball, all good for me. Some of the other comments on his performance today defy belief.
Gross 6 - Not really looked at it since returning from injury. Tried hard but not much came off for him today.
Propper 8.5 - Fantastic and him and Stephens bossed the midfield today. Great link player with Locadia too.
Locadia 8 - Put a good shift in, offered a treat and showed he can cut it at this level when his head is right.

Andone 8.5 - Incredible effort set the tone for the whole side and gave Everton no chance to get their passing game going. Only slight criticism if any, is that he works so hard he had nothing left when chances came his way. Selfless performance though.

Murray 7 - Did ok and offered an outlet as Andone tired/

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Button 6
Montoya 7
Dunk 9
Duffy 7
Bernardo 8
March 7
Stephens 6
Propper 8
Locadia 7
Gross 5
Andone 7

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Button 7 - Not played a game in a year so can be forgiven for the mistake early on... recovered and made a vital save or two.

Montoya 7 - Some defensive errors, but made up for it with some decent attacking play, including one outstanding cross.
Dunk 9 - Almost flawless. So solid. Won almost everything. Also had his head up looking forward throughout the game.
Duffy 8 - Absolutely solid. Amazing goal line clearance for their offside attempt. He didn't know it was offside though.
Bernardo 9 - Brilliant tenacity both defensively and offensively. A couple of errors which can be overlooked.

March 8 - Worked his socks off, covered a lot of ground today. Good all round play as has become the norm with him.
Stephens 7 - An improvement, some great passing and skill. Still making some silly errors and giving away needless fouls.
Gross 6 - Probably our worst player, making errors at times and anonymous at others.
Propper 8 - Some great skill and passing. Was involved with most of our best moves.
Locadia 9 MOTM - Got the goal, but aside from that his composure and ability to not lose the ball was quality. Also contributed well defensively.

Andone 8 - Another one who worked his socks off. Really wanted a goal, as usual. Ran for everything, was a real nuisance to Everton's defence. Unlucky not to score with his header.

Murray 4 - Didn't do much other than lose the ball, fall over and fail to put away a good chance. The side lost pace and energy when he came on.

Spot on. Pretty much sums it up.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Button 7 -- a couple of nervous moments in the first half, but did very well beyond those.
Montoya 7
Duffy 7 -- good in the air
Dunk 9 MotM -- simply imperious. Shame he didn't quite get the accuracy to catch Pickford out
Bernardo 9 -- he's some player. I'd be amazed if he's still with us next season, and equally amazed that Bong kept him out for so long
March 7 -- solid, did his job, worked his nuts off
Stephens 8 -- really enjoying playing in this new formation ...
Gross 7 -- ... although the problem with it is that Gross doesn't seem quite so attuned to it. A couple of uncharacteristic errors when well placed in the first half ...
Propper 9 -- ... whereas Propper is absolutely thriving in it, and has just played his best two games for us
Locadia 8 -- goalscorer supreme. His sideways passing is a thing of joy
Andone 8 -- I absolutely adore this guy. What strength, running and pace. Not so sure we'll be seeing too much of Glenn from now

Sub:
Murray 5 -- did OK

What a top CH performance, we won all our one-on-ones, and outfought them across the pitch. The moaning Minnies.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Button - 7 - Didn't leave me full of confidence but ultimately kept a clean sheet
Montoya - 8 - Most of Everton's threat came down the left through Digne and Bernard and Montoya managed to snuff it out
Dunk - 8 - Superb
Duffy - 7 - A colossus as ever
Bernardo - 8 - I'd love to have his energy. I get tired just watching him. At one point in the first half he found himself in Andone's position!
March - 7 - Great work rate with little threat but marked up a point for refusing to play the ball out when Richarlison went down... again
Stephens - 6 -Broke play up well but careless in possession and what was that back pass all about!
Propper - 9 - MOTM - What a week for Davy! Two immense performances. Suddenly looking like a creative, attacking midfielder but does the simple stuff well too.
Locadia - 7 - Good finish. Generally tidy. Not a winger but suiting the 4-5-1/4-3-3
Gross - 5 - I was singing his praises on Boxing Day but poor today
Andone - 7 - 110% as ever. Should have scored with the second half header

Murray - 5 - Not really the outlet you need at 1-0

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Button 8 Tough game for him to come in for but thought he acquitted himself well. Excellent kicking

Montoya 6
Dunk 8
Duffy 6 Made quite a few errors today that we were lucky to get away with
Bernardo 8

March 7 Very good defensively
Stephens 7
Gross 6
Propper 8
Locadia 7

Andone 6.5

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder how much influence Pat Nevin had on today’s result? I understand he still has close ties with Everton so he might have had some inside info?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Gross 6.5 . Good but not as good as
Others 7s . All contributed well, particularly pleased with Button who gathered his composure and pulled off a cracking save and Locardia who really grafted, lovely touch
Dunk, played like Dunk, Propper, narrowly wins the midfield gong and Andone who was everywhere and in 75mins probably covered more ground than anyone* 8s
*except Bernardo 9 frankly MAGNIFICENT.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So good to see us looking completely comfortable against one of the better teams in the division. Just shows how far we have come.

Button 7. Not bad for his Premier League debut. A little nervous initially, but then a couple of very good stops. And his kicking is better than Ryan's.
Montoya 7. Good game.
Dunk 9. Excellent again.
Duffy 8. Very good.
Bernardo 9. Wow. Just wow. What a player!
Stephens 8. Back to his best apart from a couple of silly slips.
Propper 8. Getting better and better. Some sublime stuff from him.
Locadia 8. Well taken goal and a very good performance. He's turning into an excellent player.
March 7. Good, but one awful corner.
Gross 7. Not back to his very best, but on the way.
Andone 8. Great.

Subs:
Murray 5. Added nothing today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Button - 7
Montoya- 8
Bernardo - 9
Dunk - 9
Duffy - 8
Locadia - 8
Stephens - 7
Propper - 8
March - 9
Gross - 6
Andone - 6

Murray - 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Button 8 difficult being asked to play your first game of the season against a side that had just scored 5 and to then keep a clean sheet

Montoya 8 the whole back four were immense today
Dunk 8
Duffy 8
Bernardo 9 my MOTM

March 8
Stephens 7 poor first half very good second half
Gross 7
Propper 8
Locadia 8

Andone 8

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Button 7.
Word from Fulham fans is he is solid for the most part but has a mistake in him. Sounds about right going by today. Very impressed with his distribution.

Montoya 7
Solid, reliable, mister seven out of ten. And there’s nothing wrong with that

Bernardo 9
I remember watching his first game and thinking he was terrible. He’s now in ‘best ever Albion left back’ territory. From that performance he has more to his game than Wayne Bridge.

Dunk and Duffy 8
I see them as one. Duffy a little clumsy at times but so hard to get past. Dunk looks the international player he is.

Stephens 7
Scrapped it out, one terrible pass that nearly cost us a goal

Propper 8
He is looking more and more ‘rangey’. I like it a lot. I think he could out gross gross if allowed further forward

March 6
He battles hard, but I’m sorry , why do his corners consistently not beat the first man ? It’s inexcusable really.

Locadia 7
Great touch.love his cross field balls and clever flicks. I’m glad he’s getting a run in the team. I’d love to see him play with more intensity though. Sometimes he looks sleepy. Massive improvement recently though, obvs

Andone 7
Relentlessly hassling defenders in possession is an easy thing to do but it doesn’t happen that much and it’s so effective. Florin does it brilliantly, love the way he buys a foul too. A savvy footballer. Very New Albion.

Gross 6
Did some good stuff but that dreadful free kick , in a dangerous position, sticks in my mind.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Button 7 - made one mistake early on but otherwise I thought he looked a solid number 2. His distribution was very good too.
Montoya 7.5 - a massive improvement on recent performances. Looked more adventurous too which is good to see.
Duffy 8 - very good, his early mistake aside which was nearly very costly. His passing at times, particularly in the first half, was very poor. Keep it simple lad.
Dunk 9 - even better than his partner by virtue of the fact he made no real mistakes and looked good on the ball.
Bernardo 9 - just really really good going both ways. Excellent in the air. Rarely gave the ball away.
March 8 - an outstanding defensive display that was tempered by a quieter game going forward. But he did all the basics very very well.
Stephens 7.5 - very good, mistakes aside. Sat and allowed both the full backs and other midfielders to get forward and press.
Gross 5 - our weakest outfield performer by some distance although he put in a good ball for the goal. Worked hard, but absolutely nothing else came off and he lost the ball far, far too often.
Propper 9 - a brilliant performance. Got forward very well, some class touches, but gave the ball away a few too many times too. Still, more of this please!
Locadia 8.5 - very good again. Shields the ball well, took his goal well, linked up well, defended well. Just a great all round performance.
Andone 8 - Should've scored with his header, but played so well considering he was up against a 3 man defence. Fashioned chances on his own with regularity and only suffered by a slow start. Should never have been brought off.

Subs
Murray 6 - didn't do much wrong but he should never have been brought on. The game was calling out for pace on the break and his introduction led to us ceding possession and space with Everton not worried by his threat in behind.

CH 8 - much, much better again. This positive attitude is what we've been calling out for. Although his substitution in bringing Andone off for Murray was a move that could well have cost us on another day as our control of the game lessened dramatically.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Button - 6.5
Montoya - 7
Dunk - 8.5
Duffy - 8
Bernardo - 8.5
March - 7.5
Stephens - 7.5
Propper - 9 - MoM
Gross - 6.5