Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'The' corner.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Take a bow Solly.

Made all the sweeter by half the team prepared to give them the ball back.

LEGENDARY.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
If that had been in reverse we would have been throwing all the names under the sun at them.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
to be fair ... its the ref who should decide it and he said play on ... on the replay you can clearly see Richarlson fell over his own ankle so wasn't a head injury or life/limb threatening so Albion well within their rights to play on

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
The game is played to the whistle so why shouldn't he have carried on, it annoys me when i see us kicking the ball out before the ref has blown.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Richarlison was a joke, full on hysteronics, playacting, toys out the pram the works. The sooner players and refs only stop the game for serious injuries the better. Fantastic we played on, I bloody loved it and the little fella going ballistic and getting booked.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The game is played to the whistle so why shouldn't he have carried on, it annoys me when i see us kicking the ball out before the ref has blown.

There was no reason for the ref to blow the whistle. The rules say not to unless he's going to die. Richarlison clearly went to school with Zaha.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Was listening on TalkSport 2 while driving home from work. I think Perry Groves was the co-commentator and he was positively delighted that we took the ball upfield. As said already, Coleman tried to play on but lost possession. If they didn't feel the need to stop play for one of their own then there's certainly no need for us to do so.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always get titsy when teams 'do the right thing'.
I was getting very agitated as Propper (I think) was shaping up to kick it out.

The Everton players reaction to Solly just iced the cake.

We could have lost 0-10 with Solly scoring all 10 and I'd still be singing his praises tonight. :lol:.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
This should happen more often, players are doing this as a tactic. Go down after losing the ball and pretend you have a career ending injury. Ref stops play and the counter attack and the ball is given back to the opposition goalkeeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here