Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I'll have whatever Stephens and Propper are having

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Davy is biting into tackles, and showing a range of tricks and skills. Dale is passing the ball forward at almost every opportunity, playing a range of worldly passes. Where has this been?!!

Thats two awesome games now, Arsenal and Everton. I mean we always knew they were good, and if you didn't like one you were usually a fan of the other, but we kind of accepted each was limited - but are they now each determined to become a complete midfielder?

Next stop : GOALS!!!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Davy is biting into tackles, and showing a range of tricks and skills. Dale is passing the ball forward at almost every opportunity, playing a range of worldly passes. Where has this been?!!

Thats two awesome games now, Arsenal and Everton. I mean we always knew they were good, and if you didn't like one you were usually a fan of the other, but we kind of accepted each was limited - but are they now each determined to become a complete midfielder?

Next stop : GOALS!!!

Prefer Bissouma to Stephens. He wasn't great today. You have Stephens tinted glasses because you've copped some stick for defending him on here recently. Weakest link IMO.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
would say its down to ..... more freedom to roam forward as he is no longer playing the DM role side by side with Stephens but playing slightly left and forward as Stephens holds

def see him getting more forward in last 3 games than he probably has in the previous 17 games this season

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
would say its down to ..... more freedom to roam forward as he is no longer playing the DM role side by side with Stephens but playing slightly left and forward as Stephens holds

def see him getting more forward in last 3 games than he probably has in the previous 17 games this season

Yeah, Propper has been wonderful since he was paired with Stephens again, such a massive improvement. Last two games best I've seen him play.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
In your opinion.

You really didn't think he played well? Show me defensive midfielders that win every challenge and I'll show you premier league and world cup winners. Couple of mistakes, sure, because he's EVERYWHERE. And today he was playing sweeping pass after sweeping pass, just like he was against Arsenal, and yet I'm sure we'll get someone on here slating him for playing nothing but 'backwards and sideways passes'

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Bissouma, He's the difference. For the first time Stephens and Propper Have real competition?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Propper really showing his class now he’s playing further forward .

Possibly my MotM today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And today he [Stephens] was playing sweeping pass after sweeping pass, just like he was against Arsenal,

:lolol:

And I’ll have a pint of what you’ve been drinking.

Happy new year my friend!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
You really didn't think he played well? Show me defensive midfielders that win every challenge and I'll show you premier league and world cup winners. Couple of mistakes, sure, because he's EVERYWHERE. And today he was playing sweeping pass after sweeping pass, just like he was against Arsenal, and yet I'm sure we'll get someone on here slating him for playing nothing but 'backwards and sideways passes'

I find your posts on the subject overly declarative. I think you will find he will have lower player ratings from the NSC faithful when compared to the rest of the team.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The formation change has been vital. When we played 4-4-1-1 Stephens and Propper's main job was destructive/protective. Now we're playing with three in the centre they all have the opportunity to get forward knowing that they have cover. Propper in particular is really showing what he can do now he's been let off the leash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here