Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dominic Solanke

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
To be fair to Ibe he has had a court case hanging over his head which has affected his form. Drove into a shop, waiting around for someone to appear to exchange insurance details, no-one came and now accused of fleeing the scene.

:nono:

Premier League Star mistakenly charged with fleeing the scene of an accident

A Premier League footballer who crashed his Bentley into a coffee shop has been fined £7,500 and banned from driving for 16 months.

Bournemouth midfielder Jordon Ibe, 24, smashed his luxury car into The Pantry on Plaistow Lane in Bromley, London, on 30 July before fleeing the scene.

Ibe had admitted careless driving and in February was found guilty of failing to stop after an accident.

He was also given a 12-month community order at Bromley Magistrates' Court.

Ibe was ordered to pay £500 in compensation to those affected by the crash, as well as a £181 surcharge and £775 in costs.

'Looked like robbery'

The court previously heard the vehicle hit the premises and a parked Mercedes car at about 04:50 BST.

Part of Ibe's white Bentley Bentayga 4x4 was left behind in the rubble of the shop front when he drove away, the court was told.

Prosecutor Bina Morjaria said the damage to the shop was so extensive it had to shut for six weeks and the owners feared it would go out of business.

A statement read out on behalf of shopkeeper Sarah Dixon, a mother-of-three, said she had been "shocked" by the damage.

"I thought we had been robbed," she added. "I was devastated."

"I'm dismayed that someone who is as high profile as he is has not even tendered an apology to us," she added.

The damaged shop front had to be removed from its foundations

Ibe's defence said he had stopped at the scene of the crash for "a period of time waiting for someone to exchange details with" and returned to the coffee shop that afternoon to find it was closed.

District judge Catherine Moore said Ibe had been driving too quickly and "became distracted".

He also "did not stop at the scene for long enough", she said.

'Ignorant of duties'

Philip Lock, owner of the damaged Mercedes, said he had to pay more than £2,800 to have it repaired.

The court also heard that Ibe already had 11 penalty points on his driving licence.

Ibe's lawyer, Frank Rogers, told the court his client had spent much of his life "cocooned in the artificial world of football". This had left him "not well-educated" and "ignorant of his duties", he said.

Mr Rogers said Ibe's contract with Bournemouth is set to expire in the summer and his career had not become "what everybody might have expected, he faces a summer of uncertainty over his future prospects" when he signed for Liverpool on his 16th birthday and was touted as the next big thing for club and country.

He also said Ibe was the victim of a robbery in 2016 where "armed criminals" crashed into his vehicle and "threatened him with guns and a machete" leaving him "fearing for his safety".

In a statement, Ibe said he accepted "full responsibility" for his actions and "lack of judgement".

He "apologised unreservedly" to Ms Dixon and Mr Lock, his team, fans of the club and his family.

"I realise I have let them all down, this is not the example I want to set for others," he said.

Ibe signed for AFC Bournemouth from Liverpool in 2016 for a reported transfer fee of £15m.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I hope not, but I wonder if Mr Ashworth might resurrect our interest in Solanke now he might be available on the cheap.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I hope not, but I wonder if Mr Ashworth might resurrect our interest in Solanke now he might be available on the cheap.

If the price is right (less than £15m?) I think that we would be interested.
Within the right environment he could well blossom.
In his early career he was a prolific goalscorer.

Solanke is still only 22 years old.

It would be a 'yes' from me.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Anyone thinking Solanke would be a good addition to our squad is taking the piss

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If the price is right (less than £15m?) I think that we would be interested.
Within the right environment he could well blossom.
In his early career he was a prolific goalscorer.

Solanke is still only 22 years old.

It would be a 'yes' from me.

He scored 4 goals in nearly 2,000 minutes played this season.

He scored 0 senior goals and 2 in PL2 last season.

He scored 1 senior goal and 1 in PL2 in 2017/18.

It would be a 'no' from me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Solanke fits the "type" we need in offering something different to our current crop.
If Potter thinks he can turn him around he could work out as a Bargain.

I suspect Bmuff will lose Wilson and King though so would be looking to keep him..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Solanke is the answer I'm shitting myself over what's the question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here