Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dominic Solanke

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yep, will miss out to Palace as he’s not going to walk straight into our team with current strike options to hand.

Palace, on the other hand, is a different matter! He should get some regular first team action there...

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A very odd and confused report.

We want him permanently but Palace is the best loan option?

He’d be first on the team sheet at Palace so he can go there.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A very odd and confused report.

We want him permanently but Palace is the best loan option?

He’d be first on the team sheet at Palace so he can go there.

Why is that odd?

He wants first team action, more likely at palace. He also keeps long-term options open as it's only a half-season loan. Quite clear in fact!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Andy Naylor has written an article in the Argus about him too. Not sure what he's said as the website is such a mess I can't read it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Doubt if he will come here but I do like us being linked with England U21 players. We need to get ahead of the curve if the rule change on squads for HGP is enacted.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why is that odd?

The article’s headline introduces a narrative of ‘Palace beats Brighton’.

Palace are desperate for a striker where as Solanke would do well to oust Connolly or Gyökeres in our U23s.

CH has pretty much ruled out any incomings yesterday so we clearly don’t need or want him on loan. We are not being beaten by Palace on anything this season! The ‘permanent deal’ aspect of the story has been inserted by the author to create the headline he needs and desires.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Doubt if he will come here but I do like us being linked with England U21 players. We need to get ahead of the curve if the rule change on squads for HGP is enacted.

Absolutely this, HGP will come at an even higher premium in the coming seasons. I like him as a player also, someone who can play in various attacking positions.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The article’s headline introduces a narrative of ‘Palace beats Brighton’.

Palace are desperate for a striker where as Solanke would do well to oust Connolly or Gyökeres in our U23s.

CH has pretty much ruled out any incomings yesterday so we clearly don’t need or want him on loan. We are not being beaten by Palace on anything this season! The ‘permanent deal’ aspect of the story has been inserted by the author to create the headline he needs and desires.

Ah, okay. Didn't see the headline.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think he's overrated. He's no Andone, he's no Murray and he's no Locadia.

Next in line is Aaron Connolly. We do not currently require Dominic Solanke.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think he's overrated. He's no Andone, he's no Murray and he's no Locadia.

Next in line is Aaron Connolly. We do not currently require Dominic Solanke.

Murray is getting older, will have limited game time next season

Andone has hit the ground running looks like the real deal

Locadia had one good game in a wide attacking position

Connoley promising but untested

Solanke has premier experience and highly rated, still very young, at the right price would be an excellent acquisition

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I don't understand those that aren't exited by this. He's a 6'2, quick, young English striker that has scored goals across all the England age groups, and Southgate thought highly enough of him to give him a full cap a while back. He also has been thought well enough of to be retained by Liverpool up until now. Brighton and other smaller Prem teams only get the chance to sign players like this before they show their full promise.

Our current options are.... Murray, he's incredible but how much longer he will keep going at his level? Locadia, is he a winger, is he a striker? He certainly isn't the quick target man and long term replacement for Murray we were expecting. Leaving us with Andone who has made a great start.

Our youngsters... Connolly has great promise but doesn't have 50 senior appearances behind him like Solanke and is not a longer term Murray replacement. Gyokeres, unsure if he is a left winger or striker? Plus he isn't home grown.

Due to our current options it wouldn't make sense to bring Solanke in on a 6 month loan. But, a loan with a view to a permanent or permanent in January would be a big statement and very exciting. He could well have already been a target before Ashworth was due to come in, but if we stay up this year it could well be a long term (Ashworth) plan to target home grown players that haven't quite broken through at bigger clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here