Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fernando Forestieri: Arrest warrant issued for Sheffield Wednesday striker

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Friendly legal reminder, proceedings are active and therefore your comment(s) could risk NSC be in contempt so we should all play nice - unlike his football style.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people how many more times do you need to be told:-

- Highlights
- Wiki
- Transfermarkt
- WaG

and so on...

...oh sorry, my bad!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Come on people how many more times do you need to be told:-

- Highlights
- Wiki
- Transfermarkt
- WaG

and so on...

...oh sorry, my bad!

To be fair, there was a time not to long ago when he was itching to get away to Derby and threw a strop, one or two on here suggested that we throw our hat into the ring and try and sign him. This was of course long before the 'No dickheads' policy was explicitly revealed by the club.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Massive Cheat

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Friendly legal reminder, proceedings are active and therefore your comment(s) could risk NSC be in contempt so we should all play nice - unlike his football style.

It is, however, a fact that the BBC have reported that an "Arrest warrant [has been] issued for Sheffield Wednesday striker", and commenting on that fact cannot be illegal, surely. I, like everybody else, have no idea whether he's guilty or not, so I shall not comment or speculate on that.

A warrant has (according to the BBC, and published in the public domain) been issued. SSN have reported it too.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It is, however, a fact that the BBC have reported that an "Arrest warrant [has been] issued for Sheffield Wednesday striker", and commenting on that fact cannot be illegal, surely. I, like everybody else, have no idea whether he's guilty or not, so I shall not comment or speculate on that.

A warrant has (according to the BBC, and published in the public domain) been issued. SSN have reported it too.

He hardly befits this gruesome bunch:shrug:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/yorkshire-news/pictures-west-yorkshires-most-wanted-14811175

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair, there was a time not to long ago when he was itching to get away to Derby and threw a strop, one or two on here suggested that we throw our hat into the ring and try and sign him. This was of course long before the 'No dickheads' policy was explicitly revealed by the club.

It was also at a time when we weren't above the level of the Forestieris of this world.............

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
It was also at a time when we weren't above the level of the Forestieris of this world.............

Ability-wise, you're spot on. But if you look at the players we had at the time, it was clear that the clubs character vetting policy was in full swing. Forestieri would've failed that test miserably, particularly since he was refusing to play for Wednesday while all this was going on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ability-wise, you're spot on. But if you look at the players we had at the time, it was clear that the clubs character vetting policy was in full swing. Forestieri would've failed that test miserably, particularly since he was refusing to play for Wednesday while all this was going on.

Didn't one of our heroes do that once?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Apparently it's because of this brawl in a pre-season game. He's an idiot for not turning up to court, but it seems a bit harsh to bring criminal proceedings for something that happens a lot on a professional sports pitch. It's already setting a dangerous precedent.

[yt]CG6-tQRzQek[/yt]

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Apparently it's because of this brawl in a pre-season game. He's an idiot for not turning up to court, but it seems a bit harsh to bring criminal proceedings for something that happens a lot on a professional sports pitch. It's already setting a dangerous precedent.

[yt]CG6-tQRzQek[/yt]

I imagine not being *allegedley* racially abusive probably would have helped - hence the reason only he is in court.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here