Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by crookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder why they aren't being stopped by the French !!?? Happy to be rid of them and they become our problem instead. Can't blame people fleeing these godforsaken dumps but we have a chronic housing shortage here, why should refugees who have travelled through several countries be housed ahead of people who have lived here their whole lives ? Take them back to French territorial waters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Something doesnt sound right, we are constantly reminded that Britain is now a dump awash with racists and xenophobes. An insular little england island with a basket case economy on the brink of economic collapse. Yet people are fleeing mainland EU countries to get here .....how crap must they be?
    Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Creaky View Post
      Why would the French agree to that?
      OK then, we'll just machine gun their boats. Better?

Seriously though, I don't know what the French police are doing about tracking down and arresting the criminals organising this. I would like to think they would welcome help and co-operation from our police and border control forces, but I really don't know if that's happening.
      What we should be doing (maybe we are, but I doubt it) is, with the co-operation of the French authorities (which I've also got doubts about) is publicising to these would-be illegal immigrants that Britain isn't Nirvana, and the best they can hope for is incarceration in a refugee camp pending repatriation to wherever they came from - which might be a lot worse than just thanking their lucky stars and staying in France, or other democratic states in the EU.
      Still Got. A Vote wellquickwoody's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      As I understand it, there have been about 12 or so migrants (immigrants) caught recently,.
      Wouldn’t, that be more accurately noted as 12 on Friday alone, and 221 since November?
      Old Git from Crystal Palace is a convicted *****, but he won’t tell you that!
      We're going up.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      It's funny the BBC is making a big hooha about small boats trying to cross the Channel, when it is coming up to the vote in Parliament. As I understand it, there have been about 12 or so migrants (immigrants) caught recently, so hardly a major crisis and numbers not really up on previous years.

People who move around legally to work are migrants, so come in via airports and ferries.
      Subtle language differences.
      Think you need to add another 200 or so to your 12 since November.
      We're going up, we're going to win the Cup, for Sussex by the Sea.
      We're going up.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      Something doesnt sound right, we are constantly reminded that Britain is now a dump awash with racists and xenophobes. An insular little england island with a basket case economy on the brink of economic collapse. Yet people are fleeing mainland EU countries to get here .....how crap must they be?
      But the point crookie is making is that if they are genuine refugees, fearing persecution or fleeing for their lives, why would they do a grand tour of Europe before deciding to claim asylum? Asylum should be claimed in the first safe country not the furthest one.
      We're going up.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Chopper View Post
      Far too sensible a post and not racist enough for a number of people on NSC.
      I do not like illegal immigration, but I do not blame the illegal immigrants.
      Greece and Italy have far more and treat them far better than we do, they are families with children putting their lives at risk for a better life.

Well in that case they are economic migrants not escaping fear of persecution or death.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      These people are not desperate, otherwise they would have tried to claim asylum in the first country they got too. Put in a dinghy and then get rescued, putting this country in a position once a again to go and rescue people. Drives me mad all this. And the costs of all this too.
      Last edited by bashlsdir; 29-12-2018 at 09:00.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
      But the point crookie is making is that if they are genuine refugees, fearing persecution or fleeing for their lives, why would they do a grand tour of Europe before deciding to claim asylum? Asylum should be claimed in the first safe country not the furthest one.
      I gave gave an example of Syrian refugees in a previous post, who crossed from Turkey to Greece. Their ultimate goal was Canada, but they wanted to get there via the UK, because of our link with them.
      If you have young children why would you want to hang around in camps for months waiting for clearance when there is another route.
      The twist the press use a lot, is they all want to come to the UK. Well, they don't. The U.K. has taken in fewer refugees than most of Europe.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion Prem View Post
      Its known where they start their cross channel journey so why does the UN not position ships to promptly return these boats to shore, also hunt down the individuals who are taking their cash?
      The UN resources have real crisies to deal with such as feeding millions of displaced refugees from war zones in neighbouring countries that are struggling to cope.

They won't be sending gun boats to Dover just because Sambo has reached there without so much as a shot being fired.
      All spelling and grammar errors my own

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      And the costs of all this too.
      Exactly, they are paying up to £12k for the inflatable boat travel from France. They are being completely scammed by these unscrupulous smuggling gangs. We need to target the gangs and ensure they are stopped.
      :guitar: