Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    It's funny the BBC is making a big hooha about small boats trying to cross the Channel, when it is coming up to the vote in Parliament. As I understand it, there have been about 12 or so migrants (immigrants) caught recently, so hardly a major crisis and numbers not really up on previous years.

People who move around legally to work are migrants, so come in via airports and ferries.
    Subtle language differences.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      I am afraid they have taken part in a criminal enterprise and should go straight back to the Continent of Europe.

Knowing there is no future in this enterprise is the only way that the People Traffickers will be dissuaded (mind you catching them and banging them up wouldn't go amiss either).

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      It doesn't actually say what the policy is though.

Shoot on sight?
      Everyone welcome?
      Its known where they start their cross channel journey so why does the UN not position ships to promptly return these boats to shore, also hunt down the individuals who are taking their cash?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      It's funny the BBC is making a big hooha about small boats trying to cross the Channel, when it is coming up to the vote in Parliament. As I understand it, there have been about 12 or so migrants (immigrants) caught recently, so hardly a major crisis and numbers not really up on previous years.
      Apparently 51 dinghies since Christmas - seems like a crisis to me! Also if you send boats out to intercept - what do you do with the migrants?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Phil View Post
      Apparently 51 dinghies since Christmas - seems like a crisis to me! Also if you send boats out to intercept - what do you do with the migrants?
      I read 5 groups of boats and 23 people at the beginning of Christmas and then another 12 since so possibly 51 people rather than dinghies?
      Anyway they get taken to detention centres, like the one at Gatwick.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      It's funny the BBC is making a big hooha about small boats trying to cross the Channel, when it is coming up to the vote in Parliament. As I understand it, there have been about 12 or so migrants (immigrants) caught recently, so hardly a major crisis and numbers not really up on previous years. People who move around legally to work are migrants, so come in via airports and ferries.
      Subtle language differences.
      Where have you been these last few months? Mars?

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Phil View Post
      They should be rescued, of course, that is just plain humanity.

..........and then put ashore back in France; they could be taken on board a ship under armed guard, their inflatable dinghy towed to within a safe distance of the French coast, then the would-be illegal immigrants could be put back on their inflatable dinghy and supervised back to dry land. At which point, hopefully the French police will have been alerted to destroy the inflatable dinghy.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      They should be rescued, of course, that is just plain humanity.

..........and then put ashore back in France; they could be taken on board a ship under armed guard, their inflatable dinghy towed to within a safe distance of the French coast, then the would-be illegal immigrants could be put back on their inflatable dinghy and supervised back to dry land. At which point, hopefully the French police will have been alerted to destroy the inflatable dinghy.
      Why would the French agree to that?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I wonder why they aren't being stopped by the French !!?? Happy to be rid of them and they become our problem instead. Can't blame people fleeing these godforsaken dumps but we have a chronic housing shortage here, why should refugees who have travelled through several countries be housed ahead of people who have lived here their whole lives ? Take them back to French territorial waters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
      relocate them to Scotland - if the drinking culture doesn't get them, or not understanding the native tongue, then the cold will !