Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new government on English Channel migrants !!!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
They should be rescued, of course, that is just plain humanity.

..........and then put ashore back in France; they could be taken on board a ship under armed guard, their inflatable dinghy towed to within a safe distance of the French coast, then the would-be illegal immigrants could be put back on their inflatable dinghy and supervised back to dry land. At which point, hopefully the French police will have been alerted to destroy the inflatable dinghy.

C’est la vie....or not.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's funny the BBC is making a big hooha about small boats trying to cross the Channel, when it is coming up to the vote in Parliament. As I understand it, there have been about 12 or so migrants (immigrants) caught recently, so hardly a major crisis and numbers not really up on previous years.

People who move around legally to work are migrants, so come in via airports and ferries.
Subtle language differences.

Are ITV not reporting this story? Sounds like you have an issue with the BBC just reporting the news.

It's 219 people that have been caught/ rescued since November 3rd BTW

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Officials on both sides of the Channel have warned of the dangers of crossing what is the world's busiest shipping lane in a small boat. Police have likened the journey to trying to "cross the M25 at rush-hour on foot".

Pfffffft.
No one bloody moves in M25 rush hour, no comparison!!
Exactly you just walk over the bonnets. Easy peasy. Now the channel that's something else.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Maybe their gendarmes could find the gang members who are taking large sums of money to smuggle people?

Far too sensible a post and not racist enough for a number of people on NSC.
I do not like illegal immigration, but I do not blame the illegal immigrants.
Greece and Italy have far more and treat them far better than we do, they are families with children putting their lives at risk for a better life.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are ITV not reporting this story? Sounds like you have an issue with the BBC just reporting the news.

It's 219 people that have been caught/ rescued since November 3rd BTW

I do have a big problem with the way the BBC reports news and their half truths, and paid 'invited' guests.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Greece and Italy have far more and treat them far better than we do, they are families with children putting their lives at risk for a better life.

I saw a photograph recently of the family, whose little boy drowned off the coast of Greece. Their intention was always to get out of Syria to go to Canada, where their daughter was already. They made it, but wanted to get there via Britain as it was easier to get asylum through the Embassy here.
Unfortunately some of the Greek camps aren't very good & they're struggling badly for lack of finances. I know people working out there.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I wonder why they aren't being stopped by the French !!?? Happy to be rid of them and they become our problem instead. Can't blame people fleeing these godforsaken dumps but we have a chronic housing shortage here, why should refugees who have travelled through several countries be housed ahead of people who have lived here their whole lives ? Take them back to French territorial waters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Something doesnt sound right, we are constantly reminded that Britain is now a dump awash with racists and xenophobes. An insular little england island with a basket case economy on the brink of economic collapse. Yet people are fleeing mainland EU countries to get here .....how crap must they be?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why would the French agree to that?

OK then, we'll just machine gun their boats. Better?

Seriously though, I don't know what the French police are doing about tracking down and arresting the criminals organising this. I would like to think they would welcome help and co-operation from our police and border control forces, but I really don't know if that's happening.
What we should be doing (maybe we are, but I doubt it) is, with the co-operation of the French authorities (which I've also got doubts about) is publicising to these would-be illegal immigrants that Britain isn't Nirvana, and the best they can hope for is incarceration in a refugee camp pending repatriation to wherever they came from - which might be a lot worse than just thanking their lucky stars and staying in France, or other democratic states in the EU.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
It's funny the BBC is making a big hooha about small boats trying to cross the Channel, when it is coming up to the vote in Parliament. As I understand it, there have been about 12 or so migrants (immigrants) caught recently, so hardly a major crisis and numbers not really up on previous years.

People who move around legally to work are migrants, so come in via airports and ferries.
Subtle language differences.

Think you need to add another 200 or so to your 12 since November.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Something doesnt sound right, we are constantly reminded that Britain is now a dump awash with racists and xenophobes. An insular little england island with a basket case economy on the brink of economic collapse. Yet people are fleeing mainland EU countries to get here .....how crap must they be?

But the point crookie is making is that if they are genuine refugees, fearing persecution or fleeing for their lives, why would they do a grand tour of Europe before deciding to claim asylum? Asylum should be claimed in the first safe country not the furthest one.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

Well in that case they are economic migrants not escaping fear of persecution or death.

D

Deleted member 22389

These people are not desperate, otherwise they would have tried to claim asylum in the first country they got too. Put in a dinghy and then get rescued, putting this country in a position once a again to go and rescue people. Drives me mad all this. And the costs of all this too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But the point crookie is making is that if they are genuine refugees, fearing persecution or fleeing for their lives, why would they do a grand tour of Europe before deciding to claim asylum? Asylum should be claimed in the first safe country not the furthest one.

I gave gave an example of Syrian refugees in a previous post, who crossed from Turkey to Greece. Their ultimate goal was Canada, but they wanted to get there via the UK, because of our link with them.
If you have young children why would you want to hang around in camps for months waiting for clearance when there is another route.
The twist the press use a lot, is they all want to come to the UK. Well, they don't. The U.K. has taken in fewer refugees than most of Europe.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Its known where they start their cross channel journey so why does the UN not position ships to promptly return these boats to shore, also hunt down the individuals who are taking their cash?

The UN resources have real crisies to deal with such as feeding millions of displaced refugees from war zones in neighbouring countries that are struggling to cope.

They won't be sending gun boats to Dover just because Sambo has reached there without so much as a shot being fired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here