Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sackings,who's next ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Mad Dog fired by Chesterfiddle (thought he had moved to the area on a three year deal?) myself would have given him more time,Oldham Athletic fire Frankie Bunn by e-mail. Just waiting for a half-time sacking !!!:lolol: .

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Wouldn't be a major surprise if Aitor Karanka at Forest was next - there's a lot of disharmony up there at mo and especially in the dressing room, and that's despite them being 3 points off the play-offs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, Karanka must be odds on to win the current sack race, but there must also be a chance Wagner goes if Huddersfield lose to Fulham.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would suggest either Wagner or Dyche and be replaced by the emergency fireman Sam Allardyce.
Good suggestion which could well happen.

Or he could even take over at Cardiff if they slump.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would suggest either Wagner or Dyche and be replaced by the emergency fireman Sam Allardyce.

Can genuinely see Dyche going soon despite everything he has done for the club etc etc.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Can genuinely see Dyche going soon despite everything he has done for the club etc etc.

Yes, given that the Albion's income rose by over a hundred million after a year in the PL, the threat of losing that sort of dosh will mean that sentiment will go out of the window. Sad fact of life in football, though if you were a Chairman would you necessarily act any differently?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, given that the Albion's income rose by over a hundred million after a year in the PL, the threat of losing that sort of dosh will mean that sentiment will go out of the window. Sad fact of life in football, though if you were a Chairman would you necessarily act any differently?

Perhaps not but in Burnley's case but they have been raking it in for a few years and not supported Dyche with a sustainable squad.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This was being discussed on TalkSport this morning. Apparently Claude Puel currently has the shortest odds for the next Premier League sacking. This season seems quite extraordinary, as most of the managers appear relatively safe: certainly compared to recent years.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would you sack Hughton if we went down ? That would be the same as sacking Dyche or Wagner

I can't see Dyche going - Burnley were relegated a couple of years back and they stuck with him. What's the difference this time?

Wagner? Yes, the lack of goals may eventually count against him

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Sadly 99% of all managers get the archer in the end, there comes a time.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I can't see Dyche going - Burnley were relegated a couple of years back and they stuck with him. What's the difference this time?

Wagner? Yes, the lack of goals may eventually count against him

The loss of money and no guarantee that they could be able to go straight back with the likelihood of doing so being less than last time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mad Dog fired by Chesterfiddle (thought he had moved to the area on a three year deal?) myself would have given him more time,Oldham Athletic fire Frankie Bunn by e-mail. Just waiting for a half-time sacking !!!:lolol: .

Looking at the desperate plight Chesterfield are in, I don't think they could afford to give him any more time! Look at it this way, when was Martin Allen last a success in the managerial hotseat?

Precisely.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The loss of money and no guarantee that they could be able to go straight back with the likelihood of doing so being less than last time.

They lost money last time - didn't unduly worry the board.

Not sure why they're less likely to get back. The Championship has long been a tough league to get out of but this time, they'll have had four seasons of PL money (and Europa league money) behind them instead of one season's worth. I'd have thought they'd have more chance of getting back this time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here